Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandma has lived off of well water her entire life and has developed alzheimer's disease within the past few years. Is it possible that it could be caused by something in the well water? Not saying this is the only factor but it definitely could have contributed to it. She has lived in the same home for 70 years and the well system has never been cleaned or shocked. Is it possible that bacteria has grown in the well?

·
Registered
863 Posts
My grandma has lived off of well water her entire life and has developed alzheimer's disease within the past few years. Is it possible that it could be caused by something in the well water? Not saying this is the only factor but it definitely could have contributed to it. She has lived in the same home for 70 years and the well system has never been cleaned or shocked. Is it possible that bacteria has grown in the well?
Noone here is qualified to tell you what caused your grandmothers alzhemer's. Im sorry she has the disease my grandmother had it also..
I would ask a doctor if it was actually possible but from what I understand none has found why people actually develop the disease..

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
There have been studies that link long term consumption of traces of aluminum and alzheimer's. If the well water had low PH and she cooked with/drank from aluminum containers.........then I would say it is possible.

·
Registered
987 Posts
There have been studies that link long term consumption of traces of aluminum and alzheimer's. If the well water had low PH and she cooked with/drank from aluminum containers.........then I would say it is possible.

Has your grandmother used anti-perspirant for an extended period of time. I recall a study maybe 15-20 years back whereby the aluminum content of anti-perspirants was being investigated as a contributing factor of alzheimers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts