Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came downstairs and heard spraying in my utility room. Copper hot pipe coming from water heater is spraying a pinhole leak. I turned it off, but I am lazy to go out into my cold truck and get my soldering tray and tools....Normally I get paid a premium $$$ for these late night calls!!! Looks like I will be doing late-night plumbing for free tonight. Or maybe I'll charge myself overtime and make it feel better. :laughing: :jester:

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got it fixed, its a piece-o-crap electric whirlpool heater installed by Lowe's. (before I bought the house of course) The dumbasses used copper flexies to connect it, and thats what sprung a leak. While I was at it I replaced the cold inlet too, and replaced the old, worn-out stop-valve with a ballvalve.
I almost wish the tank itself had sprung a leak, so I'd have an excuse to replace the whole thing. Just seeing a whirlpool heater in my house pisses me off, as Lowe's low-baller contractors have flooded the electric water heater market around here with their cheap pricing and horribly ugly, code-violating installation practices.:furious:

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
I got it fixed, its a piece-o-crap electric whirlpool heater installed by Lowe's. (before I bought the house of course) The dumbasses used copper flexies to connect it, and thats what sprung a leak. While I was at it I replaced the cold inlet too, and replaced the old, worn-out stop-valve with a ballvalve.
I almost wish the tank itself had sprung a leak, so I'd have an excuse to replace the whole thing. Just seeing a whirlpool heater in my house pisses me off, as Lowe's low-baller contractors have flooded the electric water heater market around here with their cheap pricing and horribly ugly, code-violating installation practices.:furious:
What..... no pictures for the fella's :cry:

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
I'd replace the WH anyway. Forget the cost of the WH, what about the cost of the water damage it'll cause when it springs a leak? Think of the reasons we give our customers to replace their WH. Same thing applies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts