Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to change up my invoice profile, and was wondering if any of you guys have run into any issues with wording in this area, ie liability, collecting, warranty? What works and also what isn't even legal.:help:

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
As mine reads:
The charges were explained to me and the work was done to my complete satisfaction. I have read and understand the terms outlined on the reverse side of this aggreement. I have the authority to order the above work and do so order as outlined above. It is agreed that the seller will retain title to any equipment or material furnished until final & complete payment is made, and if settlement is not made as agreed, the seller shall have the right to remove same and the seller will be held harmless for any damages resulting from removal thereof. All work performed is GUARANTEED for two years, unless otherwise stated.

X_____________________________ __________
Authorized Signature Date

I have more on back side of tickets but TOO much more to type.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Registered
567 Posts
Doesn't hurt to know a guy named Guido in a distant part of the family :icon_eek:

well if they don't pay I'm pretty sure you can't threaten to break their legs! or take their children. good luck.

Reactions: Airgap

·
Registered
151 Posts
A lot of your wording will also depend upon the work you are doing as well. We have a seperate notes, exclusions and legal matters area for new construction, remodels and service work. Basically cover your bases. Look at a lot of contracts if possible. In OK, we put a lot of emphisis on insurance (general liability and workers comp.) in the text. Also depending upon the work, we have a clause in the contract about payment terms and the ability to collect a certain percentage if not paid on time. Thus when they sign the contract they know they have to pay on time or its in writing. For which type of plumbing are you looking at?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am most worried aout the big jobs as they are the ones that may leave u hangin in the end. Did any of u guys have a lawyer fo this for you, or is that being to paranoid. I wish I had sicillian relatives but, no go.

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
I am most worried aout the big jobs as they are the ones that may leave u hangin in the end. Did any of u guys have a lawyer fo this for you, or is that being to paranoid. I wish I had sicillian relatives but, no go.
AHH Sicillian relatives:laughing:.... I got some Sicillian friends who make the best pizza in the area. And they are customers of mine:thumbsup:.

In Christ,

Song Dog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts