Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my name is Alex from NYC I have 7 years of plumbing experience in high rise new construction buildings. Currently working as a Lead Mechanic Sub forman. I went from a helper to brazing 8 inch pipe, mechanical rooms, prv stations, boilers, booster pumps, you name it. Looking to get licensed in the future. This forum looks great so I decided to join. Hope to chat with some experienced guys out here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One funny story I wanted to share, when I was working on my second job 1st year in to my experience. I cut a pipe with my partner to install angle stops. The foreman never told us the water was live. When we made the cut, we tried to check for an access door on the ceiling. Guess what, they forgot to install shut off valves on the top. By the time they shut the main off, 3 finished apartments were destroyed.

·
Registered
Plumber, Pipe Fitter, General Gas Fitter, Oil burner Mechanic Plus more Certificates
412 Posts
One funny story I wanted to share, when I was working on my second job 1st year in to my experience. I cut a pipe with my partner to install angle stops. The foreman never told us the water was live. When we made the cut, we tried to check for an access door on the ceiling. Guess what, they forgot to install shut off valves on the top. By the time they shut the main off, 3 finished apartments were destroyed.
Welcome to the zone

·
Registered
10,063 Posts
welcome aboard..bring a thick skin we break balls..and its all in fun so just give it back....post in the threads and join in on both plumbing and off topic threads....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts