Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

For the last seven years I've owned a supply shop for contractors doing pipe lining, pipe coating and pipe cleaning. I previously was in the clean water end working for a manufacture of repair clamps, saddles etc. I'm not a plumber and most of my plumbing knowledge comes from being out in the field helping contractors’ line and coat DVW pipe. Mainly residential and commercial 2"-8". Pipe lining and coating are not extremely complicated as long as the correct steps are taken. That said, I have talked some out of it as I thought they wouldn't be successful. Knowing where it can be used and learning techniques are very important. I try to give an honest opinion of how I think CIPP will help their business add another tool or go unused.

We have customers in the US and Canada that we ship to as well as me going out to their locations and training them on the equipment and materials. We have large certification training seminars (20-35 people) 1-2 times a year and also do small training sessions for individual contractors.

Feel free to reach out with questions. Thank you

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Hello all,

For the last seven years I've owned a supply shop for contractors doing pipe lining, pipe coating and pipe cleaning. I previously was in the clean water end working for a manufacture of repair clamps, saddles etc. I'm not a plumber and most of my plumbing knowledge comes from being out in the field helping contractors’ line and coat DVW pipe. Mainly residential and commercial 2"-8". Pipe lining and coating are not extremely complicated as long as the correct steps are taken. That said, I have talked some out of it as I thought they wouldn't be successful. Knowing where it can be used and learning techniques are very important. I try to give an honest opinion of how I think CIPP will help their business add another tool or go unused.

We have customers in the US and Canada that we ship to as well as me going out to their locations and training them on the equipment and materials. We have large certification training seminars (20-35 people) 1-2 times a year and also do small training sessions for individual contractors.

Feel free to reach out with questions. Thank you

Really? I wouldn't think there would be that much call for residential? From what I have seen most residential lines are pretty short and usually just have grass/shrubs above. Around here Commercial is 99% of pipe re-lining.

I guess in the dense suburbs you would get a lot of lines under infrastructure. Open sights had a customer with a 16" line below their basement

·
Registered
8,982 Posts

Really? I wouldn't think there would be that much call for residential? From what I have seen most residential lines are pretty short and usually just have grass/shrubs above. Around here Commercial is 99% of pipe re-lining.

I guess in the dense suburbs you would get a lot of lines under infrastructure. Open sights had a customer with a 16" line below their basement

my moms house would be a perfect reline job, cement driveway right over the sewer line and landscaping on either side of driveway, damage to dig would cost more than the replacing would cost...

·
Registered
Plumber/Gasfitter
905 Posts
We don't do lining but have plenty of customers that need it done.. 90 percent of them would rather not dig if it could be relined....

good to have a Lining representative on board

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Hey real quick everyone....Ben Lehman is one of the good guys in the lining industry. This isn't a solicited endorsement either....I've bought renssi stuff from him and know alot that buy lining material from him. He's a regular working guy like us, he may not be computer or web savvy but there's no hidden agendas unlike alot of the distributors and manufacturers in our industry. He's always been on the straight with me and he's on my short list of recommended distributors.

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
maybe we should welcome him with open arms in this lonely place. everyone is ready to chase people away. i would like a little diversity from experts that could possibly teach us about technology that we are clueless about. bash me if you want to.
its not a matter of bashing...the intro was needed when I got here and from reading back before my time it was required and it looks from the past threads and posts of intros you were hounded till you did one, so why is it such a big deal to do a simple intro from new people to see who, what and where they are from???
if they meet the criteria to join, and this guy does, then they are more than welcome to join and and be active...
he made a profile 5 years ago and never posted till 2020..so he needed to do an intro..he did and thats it..nothing more nothing less...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts