Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just got a quote for insurance and its 4x higher than what we paid last time. I cancelled our insurance last year to step away from the business due to family issues. No claims, no problems other than the cancellation. My question is, does it sound realistic to have an increase of 4x the premium for the same policy a year later?

What are you thoughts?

Thanks.

· Premium Member
525 Posts
I don’t know how it works in Canada. But in the United States, where I am that is your insurance company telling you that they don’t want you anymore. There can be a number of reasons for it; probably something to do with a claim on a plumber that was huge and their underwriters now have no idea what to do with.

Definitely shop it around because that’s nuts.

· Registered
Plumbing
2,430 Posts
Hi all,
I just got a quote for insurance and its 4x higher than what we paid last time. I cancelled our insurance last year to step away from the business due to family issues. No claims, no problems other than the cancellation. My question is, does it sound realistic to have an increase of 4x the premium for the same policy a year later?

What are you thoughts?

Thanks.
You should call your agent or the company directly and ask that exact question.

If they say, “ yes, we quoted you correctly “ tell them you’ll find another carrier.

· Registered
98 Posts
Mine went up very little in the last 3 years. I actually increased my liability coverage as well. Are you including workers comp in your price comparisons? Workers comp is the biggest scam I’ve ever seen in the insurance world. Luckily TN let’s you exempt yourself so I pay very little.

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine went up very little in the last 3 years. I actually increased my liability coverage as well. Are you including workers comp in your price comparisons? Workers comp is the biggest scam I’ve ever seen in the insurance world. Luckily TN let’s you exempt yourself so I pay very little.
I am a one man show so its not an issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts