Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.
I'm looking for an inside cutter for 2" PVC sch. 40. Any experience, good or bad, brands, models, etc.
Thanks in advance, Mark.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Hi Everyone.
I'm looking for an inside cutter for 2" PVC sch. 40. Any experience, good or bad, brands, models, etc.
Thanks in advance, Mark.

I have a few different tools I use, I use a flush cutter from Grainger, hooks on a sawzall, another that works pretty good is something I found at fergusons, it attaches to the drill and has a blade in the front, the only thing is if your cutting verticle, put a rag int he pipe, the chuck loosens up and the bit falls out. Ridgid makes an inside cutter, pretty good from what I hear, but I don't think id does 2."
There are other things out there by Pasco that clean hubs on ABS/PVC, but I have found those to melt the pipe rather then cut out the pipe. Never really worked for me.
if your interested, I will try to find the item number from fergusons and get it over to you. ;)

found a link to the fergusons one, works well, just stuff a rag int he drin if your doing verticle

http://www.faucetdirect.com/index.c...e=googlebase&cse=googlebase?CAWELAID=80929710

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Robert,
I was thinking more on the line of the Wheeler-Rex model 2290 mhttp://www.wheelerrex.com/catalog/Wheeler_Rex_2009_Catalog_38.ht

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Robert, do you have a link for the cutter from Grainger?

gonna have to take a picture, I was not able to find it on grainger.com

you attach it to the sawzall and install a sawzall blade. cool tool, it was 45.00 plus tax. wish I could find it on line

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
I made my own, for setting urinals. . .

take a piece of 3/8's all-thread, 2 3/8's taps, and a big flat washer. .

score the edge of the washer with some wire cutters and then place the washer on the all-thread with a nut on each side and tighten' 'em down and stick the other end in a drill.

FOR PVC

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've used the grinder wheel on threaded rod, it worked O.K. but I was looking for a professional quality tool for for increased efficiency and consistent results. I bit the bullet and bought the 2" Wheeler-Rex. Works great. Perfect depth control and factory cuts. I'm ordering the 3" and 4" this week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts