Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:censored: Dealing with a stand up ice maker, a dinosaur of a one, fixing the drain on it, while trying to move it back into it's cubby hole, left back leg got caught between the hallway rug and the tile floor it was to reside on, had to lift from bottom over exerted my side and pulled a muscle or two, doc put me on light duty for a week, Should be back out there going stong again real soon, in pain right now, tomarrow might be even worse, will know when tomorrow comes around. Try not to be hero's out there, it's not worth the pain. Yes had to piss in the cup, but I know I'm clean.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was so upset about this when it happened, it could have be avoided if there was a hand truck available for use.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
As you know, besides being a licensed plumber I am also a licensed building contractor. I can not tell you how many ladders I have fallen from, how many roofs I have fallen from. It only takes 1 moment of not paying attention, or trying to get something done too quick even though you know you do not have the proper equipment to do it, ans WHOM! It strikes!

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
I pulled my right bicep muscle about 3 weeks ago. Still hurts to the point that I have been doing lite duty for the last 2 weeks. Being a plumber / sparky and not having use of the right arm....well....sucks. This happened on the last day of a 3000sq ft total rewire. Pulling the 6/3 for the subpanel feed right at the panel for tie in.....Ron, I know exactly what you mean by being so upset. I was just about livid. The friggin homeowner (wife) kept offering me nasty ass cookies. That didn't help my anger level. Get well soon. Here's a tip that is working for me. Lay low on the pain pills once you start using it again. If you are pushing it, you want to feel the pain so you don't over do it. I was taking one step forward and two back. Get well buddy

·
Registered
344 Posts
There are appliance blowers that are like air sled thingies that we use to move things like that.

Secsier than a three ball... nevermind.

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hey Ron ,, Hope all is well soon !!

Had a double hernia repaired in March . Out of gym 2 weeks , out of work almost 3 .

Doctor said the best thing to me ," Let pain be your guide . It will let you know when to stop ! "

Best to you !

Cal

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doc did not even give or offer pain pills,, thats workers comp for you, I can't be out of work more then a week, have $ backed up in the bank but not enough to sustain us for more then three weeks out of work, and being on light duty means no benefits will be received. Did get a hotpac to help with the pain.

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Ron... Ron... Ron...
Ditch that heat and go for the freeze...
Seriously, inflamation and heat go hand in hand...
Inflamation is pain....
Put a good freeze (like borderline frostbite) on that back and you feel better...
Just go in the freezer and get a bag of frozen peas or, corn or, something and put it where it hurts...
You'll see real quick what I mean...

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Back at work today, side feels fine, but my shoulder has become a problem, must have strained a muscle in it, have a doc appointment tomorrow, will have to see what he thinks of it.

·
Banned
383 Posts
Doc did not even give or offer pain pills,, thats workers comp for you, I can't be out of work more then a week, have $ backed up in the bank but not enough to sustain us for more then three weeks out of work, and being on light duty means no benefits will be received. Did get a hotpac to help with the pain.
hey ron sorry about the accident, give me your address i got a half a bottle of vicoden from 2 months age when i wrenched my back w/ your name on it.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, but I'll be fine, not in that much pain, I was last Tuesday and Wednesday, it has subsided.... Hold on to them, cause you will never know when you might need them.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
A - A

Right here bud. I'm so tired of hurting I'll take em.
Chit I'll send UPS to your house to come get em.
I messed up that same arm again last week, just in a different spot. I seriously need the dumb ass of the year award.

·
Banned
383 Posts
A - A

Right here bud. I'm so tired of hurting I'll take em.
Chit I'll send UPS to your house to come get em.
I messed up that same arm again last week, just in a different spot. I seriously need the dumb ass of the year award.
all right, but dont take more than two. yeah the pain goes away but waking up licking the cats but is a real eye opener.:eek:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Doc said I'm good to go, pain is not there anymore, might not have been a bad as I really thought.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts