Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm Mike. I currently live in Boston but I'm trying to relocate back home to north Jersey soon to get back to family. I'm interested in getting into the plumbing trade after working in HVAC for 5 years. I have what I think are some relative skills (like contorting myself into the most un-godly, tight places to solder, knowing if I don't do it right I'm crawling right back in there later) and common sense on the job. My father was also a plumber as was my grandfather, but both have passed unfortunately. So, I decided to join up here because and thought I'd learn plently just by hanging around.

Just out of curiousity.... what do you guys think my odds are in landing a helper's position in this economy? Am I worth anything?

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to the education this forum can provide.

~Mike

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Hy Mike, welcome to da forum bro.

I'm originally from Southie, live in the burbs now.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Welcome to PZ

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome,I think your one step ahead of the game,you can solder,and your good with your hands,The plumber would not have to be by your side,at all times.If you were in montreal,you'd have a truck doing small service calls.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome to the zone Mike! I feel its great when new blood wants to join the field. I'm sure I speak for the vast majority of us in the trade when I say its good to have someone who really wants to learn our craft, and most importanly shows that he (or she) really cares.

Best of luck to you and hope to see you more around here. There's lots of good info here. I have nearly 15 years under my belt in plumbing and many more in related fields, but I never stop learning and indeed have picked up some useful tips in the few days I've been a member here. Plenty of good peeps around here, with lots of knowledge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts