Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now where the customer asked me if the high pressure I just diagnosed in his home would be related to the fill valves in his house.

The plumber before me?

Has replaced the fill valves in 3 toilets, 4 different times in 10 years.

Never once did they address/identify/resolve the high water pressure issue.

I'm going to make sure when I get this guys name today that I build collateral damage for him, for a good reason for screwing these customers over, not having the scruples to let the customer be aware of WHY these issues are presenting themselves.

I am going to have a field day with this guy's reputation and I'm not backin down. There's nothing worse than a deceptive tradesmen and I don't care if he "doesn't know" or not.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Good for you!
It used to make me mad because the employees at the shop where I used to work at could come and unstop a drain, but that was it. Never once tried to figure out what caused the problem.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I just did a prv last week and before that pressure was 165 psi.
Bet the T&P was blowing water out of the water heater at that pressure.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
worst pressure I ever dealt with was... wait... I don't know what it was... because it blew up my pressure gauge. not as in "it exploded" but as in, "it pegged out and completley destroyed itself in an instant".

I estimated 550 psi.

they had ruined faucets, ruined WH, ruined everything.

the primary PRV had failed, and then the secondary one wasn't built to handle the high pressure.

I talked them into redundant primary PRV's and redundant relief valves plus a third relief valve piped up above ground level and shooting out over the road. that same road the water company guys traveled every single day. it was at a lower setting than the other two.

that whole thing cost them thousands.

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
You can get higher (up to 125) at irrigation supply houses. So can we make fun of this guy untill he gets booted?

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
oh he made an intro.....

with a q like that i doubt he a plumber...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts