Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I started out, plumbing was far from being a passion.I hated scat and I hated crawling under houses.Didnt take me long to realize that it was a great trade because of the simple fact that most peeps find it disgusting.I still hate scat and I still hate having to crawl under a house, so I make sure that when I have to deal with either that it pays enough to contribute to my needs and my wants.If I won the lotto for the big bucks I would still be involved in the trade.
My first passion is playing music.I wouldnt have near what I own gear wise were it not for plumbing.I could fantisize about playing across the world rather than the local scene,but what would my band mates think?theyre throwing Tele's out of the upper stories and smashing Mercedes and I'm off exploring the mechanical room Of the L.A. Hilton.
Anywho, plumbing has been good to me and although it didnt start as a passion it is now. Hard to ply a trade well and not have some pride about it.(not insinuating that you guys dont)
BTW, if I had things my way I would manage my plumbing supply company from the helm of my ocean cruiser.The business week would start at 1 pm on Thursday and end promptly a 1:01 pm of the same day.Some would call me lazy for what they perceive to be such a short day,but someone has got to make sure that the prv's are up to snuff.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
When I started out, plumbing was far from being a passion.I hated scat and I hated crawling under houses.Didnt take me long to realize that it was a great trade because of the simple fact that most peeps find it disgusting.I still hate scat and I still hate having to crawl under a house, so I make sure that when I have to deal with either that it pays enough to contribute to my needs and my wants.If I won the lotto for the big bucks I would still be involved in the trade.
My first passion is playing music.I wouldnt have near what I own gear wise were it not for plumbing.I could fantisize about playing across the world rather than the local scene,but what would my band mates think?theyre throwing Tele's out of the upper stories and smashing Mercedes and I'm off exploring the mechanical room Of the L.A. Hilton.
Anywho, plumbing has been good to me and although it didnt start as a passion it is now. Hard to ply a trade well and not have some pride about it.(not insinuating that you guys dont)
BTW, if I had things my way I would manage my plumbing supply company from the helm of my ocean cruiser.The business week would start at 1 pm on Thursday and end promptly a 1:01 pm of the same day.Some would call me lazy for what they perceive to be such a short day,but someone has got to make sure that the prv's are up to snuff.

Good God, I think I was your helper once. If you are him...ya gotta know I hated your guts and cried to the boss man to can you after you complained I was the worst helper you ever had. He did, said something about plumbers who have resumes really bothered him. I forget the guys name. Red hair...kinda big, hated going under and would never touch open sewer lines. Worst plumber I ever worked with...and smelled like BO from dawn to dusk. I really hated that guy....

You ever do any work in So.Cal? The Valley?

·
Lego Expert
4,570 Posts
A NFL Kicker would be a GREAT job , but I am to fat. How bout...I know I would run a BBQ joint only open 4 days a week

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
If I had not been a plumber I would have liked to have been the heir to a very successful technology empire which was worth hundreds of billions of dollars.

Mark

·
Registered
22 Posts
If I weren't a plumber... hummm.. I think a crack whore looks like fun, you set your own hours, no overhead (unless that's what the customer wants I guess), lots of sex. Their has to be a down side here somewhere, but where?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
If I weren't a plumber... hummm.. I think a crack whore looks like fun, you set your own hours, no overhead (unless that's what the customer wants I guess), lots of sex. Their has to be a down side here somewhere, but where?
you would be 18 and look 60 and you would have to sleep with politicians:laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
I would be a Nascar driver...something about driving around in circles facinates me....

Also, I love road trips, cross country truck driver in a huge rig.......wife wouldnt wanna go though. I studied criminal law in college, 19 credit hrs away from an associates, that was to become a US Marshall....

I also wanted to become an Actor, I'm SAG eligiable for the rest of my life..... I guess if I was an actor, then I could be all that I mentioned above....

·
Registered
114 Posts
I used to be a Lifeguard. Thats actually what got me into plumbing. I took a look at 10 years down the road and saw myself still making minimum wage, dragging women like Redwoods girlfriend out of the water, and said I better find something better:laughing:

41 - 60 of 73 Posts