Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance. My brother bought a house built in 1985 up in Minnesota. This part is a diverter that twists. Any help to identify is appreciated. I of course have to help him over the phone because we are in Illinois. And god forbid he call a plumber lol. I think the dane is in Minnesota.... but hes worth like $1000 / hr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
The valve looks like some sort of delta variant.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Is the problem that it leaks or doesn't divert? If it's the latter than just put on a tub spout with a diverter.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Is that where the diverter goes? Did he get a pic of the cartridge?

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I will never understand why people don't just take a ton of pictures. Homeowners rarely send us pictures of any sort and when they do it's usually only one or two grainy shots from 20' away or 1" away.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
I will never understand why people don't just take a ton of pictures. Homeowners rarely send us pictures of any sort and when they do it's usually only one or two grainy shots from 20' away or 1" away.
I know!!!! I ask them to send several, from up close and far away but no only pics that'll get you nowhere. Today a woman called for a water heater and told her to send stair pics , she refused saying they had changed the furnace and there was plenty of room.

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
1,229 Posts
Quite often I ask a potential client to send me a pic of the “w/c that is giving them a problem”, so I can give them a rough quote and time line, to complete the work.

I tell them I need them to take a pic of the whole toilet itself, “like the whole thing”, and then a 2nd pic of inside the tank, so I can see all the mechanical parts...
Apparently this is very complicated!
I’d say about 30% of people, send me the pics I want to see, the others I have to get on the phone with them, and walk them thru how to take/send the basic pics I’m looking for.

Now I get the older gen/seniors, may have problems with camera phones/texting/blah blah..

But In my mind I’m not asking them to land a plane where hijackers had killed the pilot before dying themselves, and some random person has to fly/land the plane(insert movie hero here)!

Frustration!

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
WTF kinda powervent heater is that?!?!?! I have never seen that before!!
You can't see the model number clearly? It's a 006E3 of course! That's what the homeowner took a picture of.

·
Registered
Master Plumber
292 Posts
WTF kinda powervent heater is that?!?!?! I have never seen that before!!
It’s an HTP commercial unit. It’s in an apartment building.

You can't see the model number clearly? It's a 006E3 of course! That's what the homeowner took a picture of.
That pic was taken by a maintenance engineer. Hahah. They can be just as stupid as homeowners.

·
Registered
Service Plumber
218 Posts
Based on his activity on this forum and the way you guys are, I am surprised that you actually tried to answer his question; I just knew that you all were going to give him grief when he first posted this...

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Based on his activity on this forum and the way you guys are, I am surprised that you actually tried to answer his question; I just knew that you all were going to give him grief when he first posted this...
You're new here so I guess you've not had much interaction with Johnnie, he's good schit.

Reactions: Debo22

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Thanks in advance. My brother bought a house built in 1985 up in Minnesota. This part is a diverter that twists. Any help to identify is appreciated. I of course have to help him over the phone because we are in Illinois. And god forbid he call a plumber lol. I think the dane is in Minnesota.... but hes worth like $1000 / hr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look like price physter junk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts