Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,659 Posts
Check with Enterprise they run a used car and truck Sales

I am presently driving a ford E450 U-haul 14 foot box van with the ramp out the back
it works pretty well with a v-10 motor and the granny cab over the top...
I paid 8700 for a 2006 unit with 104,000 miles on it about 5 years ago
now have about 129000 on it... I am divided over the lift gate vs the ramp.... they
both have their applications

U-haul has some pretty nice used trucks for the money

·
7,659 Posts
I got an in store credit for a water heater I returned to HD so I bought 8 rigid one inch mini cutters
which I hung up at the office..... Also bought 3 medium rigid cutters and a couple of 12 inch rigid pipe wrenches
because I think they are a handy size for service work... bought some pex cutters along with a dozen cheap box cutters knives...

I normally will lose those mini cutters at the rate of about one a month

·
7,659 Posts
I hear you. I dropped one in a wall last week. Luckliy I was able to fish it out!

When you drop one in a wall and cant get it out,
its always a brand new one you just took out of the package this morning....:devilish::devilish::poop:..

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
When you drop one in a wall and cant get it out,
its always a brand new one you just took out of the package this morning....:devilish::devilish::poop:..

What! I still have my mini cutter from 27 years ago! I once dropped it in a wall so I cut it out to retrieve it, commercial building being renovated, tough luck for the drywall guys.

·
Registered
Master Plumber
308 Posts
Seriously!!! They should put a retractable lanyard on those things so you can tie it to your belt. I’ve lost at least 20 of them over the course of my career. Years ago I made a repair on a Slone valve supply line at a local restaurant. We popped a tile off the wall and cut a small hole to solder a new stub out because someone tried to change the valve without backing it and twisted the supply. I used my mini cutter to hold back the insulation on the pipe so it wouldn’t get damaged by the heat. I Forgot to take it off and they patched the wall with my cutter still inside. Now every time I use that bathroom when we eat there I get irritated because I know my cutter is 12” away from me and I can’t get it. Haha

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Seriously!!! They should put a retractable lanyard on those things so you can tie it to your belt. I’ve lost at least 20 of them over the course of my career. Years ago I made a repair on a Slone valve supply line at a local restaurant. We popped a tile off the wall and cut a small hole to solder a new stub out because someone tried to change the valve without backing it and twisted the supply. I used my mini cutter to hold back the insulation on the pipe so it wouldn’t get damaged by the heat. I Forgot to take it off and they patched the wall with my cutter still inside. Now every time I use that bathroom when we eat there I get irritated because I know my cutter is 12” away from me and I can’t get it. Haha
My favorite tool to lose is torpedo levels up in rafters. My first week plumbing I lost a big $100 rollcutter I had only used a couple times. It got lost in the insulation in an attic. Now I use a bucket for tools when in an attic and hand tools are no longer a problem as I can see easily at pack up time if anything is missing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
My favorite tool to lose is torpedo levels up in rafters. My first week plumbing I lost a big $100 rollcutter I had only used a couple times. It got lost in the insulation in an attic. Now I use a bucket for tools when in an attic and hand tools are no longer a problem as I can see easily at pack up time if anything is missing.

Holy Carp, you must schit diamonds with a butthole clenched that tight! That is really ocd right there.

I have a specific place for everything in my tool bag so I can notice pretty quick if something is missing.

What's a roll cutter?

Reactions: Tango

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Holy Carp, you must schit diamonds with a butthole clenched that tight! That is really ocd right there.

I have a specific place for everything in my tool bag so I can notice pretty quick if something is missing.

What's a roll cutter?
Just your standard tubing cutter. It was the big one with a wheel for pvc.

Not OCD at all. I simply hit tired of loosing tools or buying extra because I thought I had lost it just to find it at the bottom of the tool bag a week later.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Reactions: Tango
21 - 34 of 34 Posts