Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
AKA house plumber
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever done a plumbing job on your own house and thought what did I get myself into or half way through, should I call a plumber?
I just changed an old style moen shower valve. With ips connections. I put a moen posi temp in. I figured since the old valve was quite larger than the new valve then it should be no problem changing from the front. BULLSH*T. I got half way through and the cold pipe was coming up at a little angle toward the valve so sliding the slip coupling on was a pain. :furious: Next time I'm calling protech cuz he's closer to my town.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
This is the plain jane gerber elongated POS. The avalanches are pretty good toilets. I just went in with the plunger and the bastard is drainig real slow. Then i looked at all the toys laying their bathtub. There something in there fellas, something plastic and colorful im sure. WIll post results of what i retrieve tomorrow, now way am i cranking down on an auger tonight, and the way today went, id probably have to pull the SOB.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
hell, i have had a a lav faucet and all the assorted parts to replace in my main bathroom in a box in my closet for about three years, just can't seem to find the motivation to get 'er done, when i get home the last thing i want to do is crawl under my sink and fix stuff.

:laughing:

·
Registered
402 Posts
This weekend I'm contenuing a project in my moms bathroom. I ripped out the shower stall last week. I have to replace the floor and then I'm going to make a shower pan and tile the floor and walls. Yikes! Wish me luck.

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
Had to laugh at the posts - I painted our children's bathroom and am still waiting for hubby to pull the toilet so I can paint behind it. It's been two years. Perhaps I should learn and just schedule one of our plumbers. I need to make up a work order and make it official.

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
Last year I finally got pissed off enough at the champion toilet in the upstairs 1/2 bath that I literally ripped it off the flange and tossed it out the window where it smashed into a billion pieces on the driveway. Talk about your ******* moments.
I would have paid to have witnessed that. :laughing:

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
This weekend I'm contenuing a project in my moms bathroom. I ripped out the shower stall last week. I have to replace the floor and then I'm going to make a shower pan and tile the floor and walls. Yikes! Wish me luck.
Been there, done that. I am no tile man at all but if mama is happy, we are all happy. I will post pic of shower later,not wife :laughing:

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Bought to try tile myself eventually on our bathroom. RSP is going all out, 4 body sprays, hand held shower, rain head from ceiling, and a regular shower head. All moen.

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Bought to try tile myself eventually on our bathroom. RSP is going all out, 4 body sprays, hand held shower, rain head from ceiling, and a regular shower head. All moen.
Are you going to do a Kerdi shower?
Is it the Moentrol or, Exact-Temp?
Gawd I hate working on my house....
The wife is one tough boss! :laughing:

Hey Rockstar... I know this tile forum site where you might be able to get some pointers...
Be careful though they don't like DIYers there....:laughing:

·
AKA house plumber
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if you plan on running them all at one time, make sure the valve will put out the gpm's. that big house i did where i posted the pic, well they had his and her side. both had 2 thermostatic valves with a total of 8 body sprays 2 rainheads 2 fix heads and 1 hand held on her side. And volume contols to isolate everything. trim time came and when everything was on it just trickled out. it was like a total of 22 gpm and the valves were only 11 gpm. i figured you thought of it, but ust a warning.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts