Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

canuckPlumBbob
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So our department decided we should hire a company to power wash our 6 floor parking garage in the winter. ( excellent idea !) Shockingly there are roughly 200 splits.
Then go ahead and tell me they need the water back on so they can finish power washing in -10 degree weather 馃ぃ and they need all the lines fixed.

I cut in one 1-1/4 ball valve to isolate 1 hydrant drop from the rest of the building then insolated it 馃憤

Now if they came to me in september and said this is what were planning on doing can we make some provisions to accomadate them. I could of did what i just did then an not have thousands of $ in waterline repiping to do now.

I swear this place is beyond stupid, and these people who call the shots take home 6 figure salaries. Guess thats what happens when you choose an electrician to be everyones boss.

I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
So our department decided we should hire a company to power wash our 6 floor parking garage in the winter. ( excellent idea !) Shockingly there are roughly 200 splits.
Then go ahead and tell me they need the water back on so they can finish power washing in -10 degree weather 馃ぃ and they need all the lines fixed.

I cut in one 1-1/4 ball valve to isolate 1 hydrant drop from the rest of the building then insolated it 馃憤

Now if they came to me in september and said this is what were planning on doing can we make some provisions to accomadate them. I could of did what i just did then an not have thousands of $ in waterline repiping to do now.

I swear this place is beyond stupid, and these people who call the shots take home 6 figure salaries. Guess thats what happens when you choose an electrician to be everyones boss.
I see about a million dollars or more wasted every year from a big client of ours. It blows my mind. We have done completle projects, and then turned right around and torn it all out because person B wants to try something different with what they do, and put a completley different system in place for them. It鈥檚 beyond crazy. But they got it to burn like that.

Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what鈥檚 in the bag?
My buddy used to do plumbing work one of the big hotel chains, in Toronto. He would verbally quote work that needed to be done, let鈥檚 say for $1500 to the person who would approve said work.
Then They would tell him to submit a quote in writing for $3000 and it would be guaranteed to be approved, if he payed them the difference in cash.

So this a$$ would make 70k/year doing his easy job and who knows how much in cash for all the quotes from all the contractors..
-and this is why it cost me $500+/night to take my gf away to a nice hotel with a view..

Registered
Plumbing
I see about a million dollars or more wasted every year from a big client of ours. It blows my mind. We have done completle projects, and then turned right around and torn it all out because person B wants to try something different with what they do, and put a completley different system in place for them. It鈥檚 beyond crazy. But they got it to burn like that.
I did $8500 of work at a chain steakhouse and the very next week they closed it.

I got scared I wasn鈥檛 going to get paid. Couple weeks went by and check came in the mail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts