Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to start my OMS service business. I had read on old posts about the strategy to get a phone number of a local plumbing business that has went out of business. However I can't find it in a PZ search. Can someone explain how I would find this info out?

Also, I noticed my business name just happens to be 7 letters, so I thought I will just say call area code plus business name. Like Wells Fargo is (1800- To Wells)

However, it turns out my phone number would have "666" in it so I thought maybe not the best idea? I don't know how big of a deal that is to the general population.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
If anything 666 will be easier to remember and free advertising.

Find an old phone book and look for defunct plumbers. Or Google your town name, plumber, and obituary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am about to start my OMS service business. I had read on old posts about the strategy to get a phone number of a local plumbing business that has went out of business. However I can't find it in a PZ search. Can someone explain how I would find this info out?

Also, I noticed my business name just happens to be 7 letters, so I thought I will just say call area code plus business name. Like Wells Fargo is (1800- To Wells)

However, it turns out my phone number would have "666" in it so I thought maybe not the best idea? I don't know how big of a deal that is to the general population.
You can purchase a burner and add it to your phone. It's cheap and you only need one device. I hope that works! https://cedarparkplumbers.site/

·
philosopher and statesmen
8,095 Posts
I think its best to find an easy number that people will remember.....

you can always ask the phone company for what they have available....

something like 317-787-9000 that is easy for anyone to remember....

I dont like the numbers where the last 4 digits are a word that you got to
match up with the number on the phone.... that seems to annoy me..

whatever you choose remember you are basically stuck with it for life...
so make it an eazy one.

·
4th year apprentice
895 Posts
Another marketing technique that can never have a measurable success rate. Again, your work and reputation is all you need. Anything else is fluff.
I too hate those catchy words that you need to dial instead of having the actual number. It pisses me off and gives me reason to start DISliking the business. Those who give the number right after I appreciate, and am more likely to remember the catchy word, knowing that I can find the number easily too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts