Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who was the freakin genious service plumber that long ago decided to give FREE estimates?

Why don't any electritians , appliance repair or HVAC service companies go out and give free estimates.

:furious:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We charge a small trip charge, always have and always will. Today there was just alot of tire kickers that just did'nt grasp the concept of having to pay a small fee to get a professional opinion.:furious:

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Hey Para, one of my best selling points is no trip/diagnostic fee. Thanks. Guys like you really help my business grow. The trick is to add that fee in later.Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I always give free estimates.. But i always figured if it came down to charging a fee for an estimate i would deduct that fee if i did get the job ... I think $50.00 should be a fair price .. What does anyone else think..

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
I always give free estimates.. But i always figured if it came down to charging a fee for an estimate i would deduct that fee if i did get the job ... I think $50.00 should be a fair price .. What does anyone else think..
There is a company here that does that same thing. I know because i called today check the rates around here form my competitors. OKlahoma just scored.14-14 tie game.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think its a fair concept,, I mean something goes wrong with your car they charge you to see what it is,, and you have to bring it to them, what fees did you hear from other companys

·
Banned
8,808 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Used to give free ests until gas went to $4.00 plus around here. Now I charge a $ 55.00 trip fee and take it off of the job. I tell them when the call comes in. Im tired of wasting my time on shoppers. Or I try to quote it over the phone. Im a jobbing shop.

·
Banned
18 Posts
In my area competition is great, there will always be 5 guys that do free estimates even if we don't, I can usually up sell most every job which keeps my PCA up and that evens out the no gos from free estimates, if I get a customer who doesn't like my price for something simple I will usully lower my price and still do the job since I am there, but it only comes with a taillight warranty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts