Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When installing a new septic system and the inlet on the tank is higher than the house sewer. . . Anyone else ever run into this problem?

We're getting ready to do one right now, and the house sewer is lower than the inlet on the tank and the footer on the house is in the way. . . :censored:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah, that sux. But try this one on. How about a house that had a septic system and now they have to tie into the city's sewer. Problem is:

1) House is on a concrete slab
2) Septic tank is in back yard (ergo, all drains slope towards rear of house)
3) Sewer main is at street

We had a situation a couple of years ago where the street our company was located on got annexed and the city came along and put in public utilities and forced everyone to switch. We got quite a bit of work from that, but man it wasn't easy.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
We set the norweco singulair aeration unit. Just set the tank deeper and add rings to bring the 2 manholes above grade.

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lower the tank? Raise the house? You got me on that one! lol
Can't lower the tank :(

Leach beds have to be a minimum of 18" deep here, and they have to be level. Well, by the time you set the tank and make the bed work out @ 18" deep, you have no coverage on the tank.

2' is maximum depth of the bed, so that will bring roughly 6" of coverage over the tank and the inlet on the tank is about 8-10" down from the top of the tank. . so that's gonna be 14-16" deep from the surface of the ground and I think the house sewer is around 2' deep coming outside :cry:

Guess I'll just have to bring it through the block and construct a concrete barrier around it w/ a clean-out then they can hide it with landscaping material.

*shrugs*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts