Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried a drain cleaning machine from Harbor Freight Tools, and want to admit it?

Ok - Now I will run :laughing:

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
50 Ft. Commercial Drain Cleaner with Power Feed
Built-in Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter
Four interchangeable heads to tackle even the toughest clogs: arrow head cutter pierces through stoppages, boring gimlet retrieves or pushes though stoppages, 1-1/2" U-cutter easily cuts through grease and 1-1/4" side-cutter scrapes the sides of the drain line clean.

* Handles pipes from 1-1/4" ID to 4" ID
* 1/2" x 50 ft. wire core cable with 1" x 1" split coupler resists breakage, tangling, and kinking
* Friction lock powerfeed
* Foot pedal control
* Forward and reverse toggle switch
* Built-in GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter)
* Fully enclosed cable drum reduces splatter
* Durable steel frame with 8" solid rubber wheels for maximum portability
* Automatic reset

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Im a general root 66 man myself, also the rigid k1500. I think i saw one of those at the flea market. a one armed man was selling it along with some other off brand tools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i would have a tough time charging a customer more to clear the line than i paid for the machine. :eek:

i knew one guy that had this wierd tub snake that looked like a lunchbox, i think it was made by superior. i've seen them at harbor freight but they're not their usual chicago electric brand. it was actually a pretty neat machine. had 3/16" cable and could get through almost any trap, even old durham ones that were 50 years old.

paul

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i'm sure they are. i don't think they've changed them in a long time. i think the power feed is different but i don't use one anyways. some of the older spartans i've seen have electric foot pedals, mine has an air switch. other than that, i think they're the same as the olden days.

i just wish they weren't so loud.

paul

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paul.

The one I used to use back in the day had an electric switch, I just googled the model you mentioned and this is what I found, Kinda looks like a nice machine

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
that is exactly like the one i have but i don't have the power feed atachment. they are workhorses for sure. i really like that they are direct drive and will mow through most anything. you can even break a cable on purpose if you want to. :whistling2:

paul

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that is exactly like the one i have but i don't have the power feed atachment. they are workhorses for sure. i really like that they are direct drive and will mow through most anything. you can even break a cable on purpose if you want to. :whistling2:

paul
Nice, It looks like a nice machine, its like $2500 +:furious:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts