Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a web site that could give me informationg on these 2 topics? I failed my plumbers exam because of them. In Ontario Canada they switched the code book from Interprovincial to National(canada). Ontarion government didn't want this, but had no choice. So they decided to take it out on the Colleges by not changing the schools programs. Which now left the apprentices out in the dark. Because they do not teach us Hydronic heating or cooling systems in school. So needless to say unless you've actually working in the filed on these your screwed. Me being a residential low rise plumber, makes me extra screwed lol. So if anyone can help me out that would be great.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Does anyone know a web site that could give me informationg on these 2 topics? I failed my plumbers exam because of them. In Ontario Canada they switched the code book from Interprovincial to National(canada). Ontarion government didn't want this, but had no choice. So they decided to take it out on the Colleges by not changing the schools programs. Which now left the apprentices out in the dark. Because they do not teach us Hydronic heating or cooling systems in school. So needless to say unless you've actually working in the filed on these your screwed. Me being a residential low rise plumber, makes me extra screwed lol. So if anyone can help me out that would be great.
What were the questions you missed on that. It's a good place to start your research. You probably won't get the exact questions again but, you will get them phrased differently. Read the question a minumum of 2 times. Most of them are oddly phrased trick questions with a bunch of unnecessary words to jack you up.

After you apprentices take a test. Walk out and write down every question you can remember. 75% of the guys who take the IL test FAIL.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
I agree with him. I've seen plumbers that have been in the field for 20 years fail our state test because of how the questions are written. They are trying to screw you up. In FL the test is given by a private company. They want you to fail as many times as possible so they can keep collecting that $300 testing fee. If all else fails, buy a book specificlly on that subject from amazon.com

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
You can hang out at www.heatinghelp.com and ask a bunch of questions and such but as far as I know, anything of real educational substance you will have to pay tuition for and take as an online course.

NORA, NEFI, NAOSHM, CEPA, NATE and NCEER all have text books that may be of help also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts