Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just me, 22rifle. I never did an intro over on the main site but figured it was worth doing one here.

I could try to tell you all about how I am a professional plumber but if my posts over on the main forum haven't convinced you a few more words won't help.

I will say this, I have worked really hard at learning all I can about my chosen career, and I do know a thing or two about this thing called plumbing. I might even argue like crazy about some stuff. But the truth is, I figure I can learn from even an apprentice (and I have), so thanks for letting me hang out with and learn from y'all. Hopefully you can learn a thing or two from me too as time goes on.

Oh, one more thing. Are we allowed to give DIYers a hard time over here too? LOL Seriously, I have always been a generous guy with advice, etc. Way too generous in fact. It's just that I realize that some people are going to DIY. And I am totally cool with that. But if I can at least invest a wee bit of time to help keep them out of trouble, there is one less major screw up out there. Maybe I am just too soft hearted and altruistic.

But if I throw a party for my plumbing professional buddies some evening, just for a chance to hang out, BS each other, pick each other's brains, etc. I sure don't want that handyman down the street who is illegally doing plumbing to crash the party and ask us to tell him how to do something he really has no business doing. Or even if he does, don't crash our party for crying out loud. Didn't you see the sign out at the end of my lane? It said this was a party for professional plumbers and all others are unwelcome. Get lost you ungrateful leach!

Now if I throw a neighborhood block party and you show up and ask me some plumbing questions... well, like I said, I am almost too generous with the advice.

Hope that explains why I am a bit crusty with the DIYers over on the main site.

Good grief! I didn't mean for my intro thread to be a rant! LOL

So anyways, thanks Nathan for setting this up. And thanks to Ron for inviting me. (Yeah, if you hate me, you got Ron to thank for me showing up here! LOL)

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Your just what we need on here, glad you joined. :thumbsup: This site is for professional plumbers, others are welcome as well, and there will be NO DIY QUESTIONS.

Not saying that we can't ask each other how we go about doing something, all that is good stuff, there is a site for DIY'er questions, and it is not here.

Thanks for joining.

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Sheesh, took ya long enough to find the place!

I work alone, sole prop..one of the most insulting and annoying things are the DIY's that are willing to let me do the "finishing touches" on their almost perfect work.

Had one job where the wife snuck me into a bath she was nervous over after her husband went to work...told me her hubby had been hanging in a DIY forum and learned how to do it all himself.
I told her the amount to repair the mistakes would cost as much as if they'd started from scratch, promised not to mention to hubby, finished my work with him staring over my shoulder & doublechecking every move when he got home.

Thats only one story, it seems like people think they can get anything they want for free over the internet, I'm not about to offer my blood sweat and tears for free...hats off to you for the same reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts