Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what’s in the bag?
2,294 Posts
It was some “woke” college trying to change the name of master bedrooms. They also wanted to change the name of a manhole and a few others I can’t think of right now.
Hahahaha..
that’s crazy,
one of my good buddies is black, (wowowowowo!!!!, yes I said it..), we want to school together- he’s a master plumber, and has a very successful residential construction company in The6(Toronto).
he was just laughing at that whole “master vs primary” thing..

My neice is at university, they’re big thing is “safe spaces” and “not hurting- but respecting everyone’s feelings”.
Hahah I said to her,
“hun, that’s all fine and dandy to take a stand and stand up for what you believe in or the most current “thing” but the real world doesn’t have ANY safe spaces, AND the real world doesn’t care about your feelings.. it will eat you up and spit you out.!”
so suck it up, get on board or get left behind.

·
2,294 Posts
Local plumbers. I live in Montreal. Canada. 🤷‍♂️
Hahahah sucker!
I always get treated like sh1t when Im in Montreal! And I’m a Canadian. Honking and trying to run me off the road, ignoring me at fancy restaurants, hotels and stores.. like my Canadian dollars are dif form yours..
Take a dose of your own medicine!

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I think you're an idiot for blocking off outside access to your basement. Never going to bring a heavy appliance in or out again? Boiler? Fuel tank?
We bought house last year and the central hvac was installed right in front of the door making it useless. I was closed off with and old door and duct taped fiberglass insolation lol.
We have plenty of other ways to get into the house from the back and the garage from the front.
By filling up the hole/stairs we add a considerable amount of space to our yard.

·
Super Moderator
9,620 Posts
We bought house last year and the central hvac was installed right in front of the door making it useless. I was closed off with and old door and duct taped fiberglass insolation lol.
We have plenty of other ways to get into the house from the back and the garage from the front.
By filling up the hole/stairs we add a considerable amount of space to our yard.
Sure sure I bet you jimmy the window to get in.

How about I ban you now, any last words before your departure?

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hahahah sucker!
I always get treated like sh1t when Im in Montreal! And I’m a Canadian. Honking and trying to run me off the road, ignoring me at fancy restaurants, hotels and stores.. like my Canadian dollars are dif form yours..
Take a dose of your own medicine!
Montreal is great. Too bad you had bad experiences but with the construction/ housing boom even getting someone to unclog your drain will cost you a small fortune… and will take 1-2 weeks lol.
Everyone is super busy and nobody wants to do the work. 🙄

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
In front of it is a drain pipe (hope that's the correct term lol) that leads to my home's main drain pipe.
How do you know it goes to your main waste line? If it doesn't it will clog quickly or you'll be running the waste from your sink our above ground. Or worse it will go into the curtain drain under your basement slab, rot, and make a stink.

If it does actually go to the main waste line you better seal it well so rain/groundwater doesn't get in. That could cause a number of big issues.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Super Moderator
11,073 Posts
How long do we keep this guy here? Entertainment purposes of course…

·
Registered
8,185 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
How do you know it goes to your main waste line? If it doesn't it will clog quickly or you'll be running the waste from your sink our above ground. Or worse it will go into the curtain drain under your basement slab, rot, and make a stink.

If it does actually go to the main waste line you better seal it well so rain/groundwater doesn't get in. That could cause a number of big issues.
it connects to another drain inside our furnace room and then connects to the waste line. I’ve followed it before and we’ve been using it to empty our pool at the end of the summer so I’m pretty confident we’re ok.

·
2,294 Posts
Montreal is great. Too bad you had bad experiences but with the construction/ housing boom even getting someone to unclog your drain will cost you a small fortune… and will take 1-2 weeks lol.
Everyone is super busy and nobody wants to do the work. 🙄
I’ve had multiple bad experiences, outside the city of Montreal, in the burbs. I now stay in the China town area of old Montreal.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts