Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to show you guys this trade secret, but don't tell anyone. One handyman apparently already knows. It wont be long now before the cats outta the bag!

Attachments

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
:eek:But was it leaking, I love silicone. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Protech, I must give you Kudos, I have never seen :censored: like that. OMG, the award goes to you for finding the worst handyman repair ever.

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
a .35 3/4x1/2 reducer is like .30

why waste like half a tube of silicon that's $4.00 a tube and isn't going to work anyhow?

some things i just don't understand, lol

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
Did Billy Mays do this with his Mighty Putty?
I get so angry when I see that twat on tv. I want to cut off his hands and shave his beard. He is almost the most annoying person on tv, next to the cash for gold old lady.

Reactions: gusty60

·
WILLPLUMB4$
584 Posts
I get so angry when I see that twat on tv. I want to cut off his hands and shave his beard. He is almost the most annoying person on tv, next to the cash for gold old lady.

LOL:lol::lol::laughing::laughing: You know things are slow hear but I'd drop a few bucks to see that.

·
WILLPLUMB4$
584 Posts
I'm going to show you guys this trade secret, but don't tell anyone. One handyman apparently already knows. It wont be long now before the cats outta the bag!
Where your after picks.
What kind of camera do you carry in the field.?
The wife won't let me take the cybershot.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Billy Mays ,,,,, That Freak would sell water to people on the Titanic , He is an ASS H **E !!

Cal

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Billy Mays ,,,,, That Freak would sell water to people on the Titanic , He is an ASS H **E !!

Cal
:eek: :laughing: Come on you know deep down inside when he fixed that coffee mug handle with mighty putty, you were tempted.... 20.00 worth of putty for a 4.00 mug. LOL. Don't even get me started on the scratch remover.

·
Registered
98 Posts
protech,

please excuse my ignorance.

is that cpvc or pvc.

also, does this type of failure happen often or is this out of the ordinary?

Vince:)

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The split pipe was pex. The HO glued cpvc to it above slab level. When that didn't work, they just dowsed the whole thing with polyester resin. The leak just popped up 3 feet away where the loop of pex came back up out of the slab. I performed a by pass in the wall with new pex.

I almost never see pex leak. In the few cases I do see it leak it's due to installation error. This piece was staked with a piece of #3 rebar and encased by the monolithic slab. It was the hot outlet of the water heater. After thousands of cycles of the rebar expanding into the pex, the pex develops a stress crack.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The split pipe was pex. The HO glued cpvc to it above slab level. When that didn't work, they just dowsed the whole thing with polyester resin. The leak just popped up 3 feet away where the loop of pex came back up out of the slab. I performed a by pass in the wall with new pex.

I almost never see pex leak. In the few cases I do see it leak it's due to installation error. This piece was staked with a piece of #3 rebar and encased by the monolithic slab. It was the hot outlet of the water heater. After thousands of cycles of the rebar expanding into the pex, the pex develops a stress crack.
thanks.

Vince

1 - 20 of 26 Posts