• I would like more information about Linkedin

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I've gained a lot being a member of Linkedin

Votes: 2 11.1%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I have been a member of LinkedIn for many years. It was the first site I joined when I was introduced to social media. I have made great connections to fantastic people and have had the opportunity to share ideas and learn new ideas from some unique people in sales.

This year I have discovered the power of LinkedIn and the connections for business and creating business for my connections. Recently I hooked 2 of my connections, a printer in Milwaukee with a businessman that owns a business in Sarasota and Buffalo NY and they are doing business together.

Since Feb 9th I have had time to investigate LinkedIn and what it can do. I have connected with people in my area for business opportunities. I was introduced to a free networking group in our area and that has proved to be a great way to advertise and brand in our community. I generated many calls for our company while I was recuperating from surgery through LinkedIn and my connections.

Today I hired a person that I connected with through LinkedIn. A quality individual with plumbing experience in plumbing .The benefit of LinkedIn, I was able to view his posts to questions and answers. I could see his reactions to disagreements with others and how he handles himself. I am able to see if he is aligned with our core beliefs.

Reactions: DUNBAR PLUMBING

·
Registered
906 Posts
All my social media is being vamped to work in my favor. There is only one plumbing shop in the Twin Cities remotely using it at a mediocre level. getting web fixed, linkedin, facebook twitter and foursquare

·
Registered
590 Posts
All my social media is being vamped to work in my favor. There is only one plumbing shop in the Twin Cities remotely using it at a mediocre level. getting web fixed, linkedin, facebook twitter and foursquare
I believe we are the only Plumbers here that is actively working Facebook.

There is a Hot Dog cart vendor that has been in business 1 year and actively networks on Facebook and Twitter. He is what I would consider a success story. He has been mentioned on the TODAY SHOW and I believe has sold over 100,000 hot dogs. There are other food vendors in town, but who are they, because I sure don't know.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe we are the only Plumbers here that is actively working Facebook.

There is a Hot Dog cart vendor that has been in business 1 year and actively networks on Facebook and Twitter. He is what I would consider a success story. He has been mentioned on the TODAY SHOW and I believe has sold over 100,000 hot dogs. There are other food vendors in town, but who are they, because I sure don't know.

I'd love to have more time to devoute to facebook as I know it can churn numbers. But it's excellent because customers seek me out, friend me and randomly ask questions behind the scenes about comments I've made.

All of it reciprocates into the big picture of doing everything your competition isn't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts