Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,421 Posts
How long should it take your workers to install 1 tankless water heater.
(We do new construction)
So today the owner wanted us to come over and install 2 tankless water heaters on a job we have been working on. we already ran the new gas line and water lines that are needed, drywall is up, all that needs to be down is to install 2 tankless Noritz water heaters, one Outdoor unit, on indoor.

I gave my worker all the supplies that where needed to get the job done and went to check up on my other employees that are working at a different job.
4 hours go by, its lunchtime now, so i come back to check up on him, he finished to outdoor unit.
Another 4 hours go by and he didn't complete the second water heater (indoor unit)
he still has to run the vent outside, and take the relief and condensation to the floor sink.

4 hours to hook up a water heater?
I just want to know how reasonable is this?
or am i just being an *******?
How long does it take you, or your workers to set up a tankless?

You're just being an ******. I take it you haven't installed one yourself in your approximately 2 years of plumbing .... it all depends on how good all the stub outs were planned and how much crap the other plumber has to deal with if they are doing everything correctly and trying to make it look good. That time frame does not seem out of line to me.

Install one by yourself and then you'll know.

· Registered
3,421 Posts
Hehe, my sleep pattern has been jacked up ever since hunting season. Either that or it's just me getting old. I'll get home and "accidentally" pass out at like 8 or 9 and then wake up around 3 or 4 with everything on, dog needing to go to the bathroom. It's a good thing Married with Children is on tv this early, cause nothing else is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts