Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this Thursday and Friday. The slab was 8" thick, and the cement had some kind of hardener in it. The jack hammer didn't chip or break the concrete, it basically had to pulverise it. It is a "blastproof" building in a chemical refinery. The shower will be a swanstone base and panels.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Looks great thanks for sharing.

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cut tees into the water supply for a mens' bathroom. The lines ran overhead. I was able to shut down the entire building, sweat in my tees, sweat in valves and turn the water back on. Before I removed the valve handles, I bumped the hot and sent a little water trickling down the new plumbing wall. When you are my size, it's hard to work thru the ceiling grids without hitting stuff. I used Armaflex insulation over the pipes in the ceiling, and thru the holes in the metal studs. I am not insulating in the plumbing wall because the batt is going right back in. I used copper plated minis to hold the pipes in place. I made a backer for the drop ear ell out of the channel/track the carpenters put down as a plate for the metal studs. I bid this for 4 days. One day for my 8 hour safety orientation, 2 days of rough, and 1 trim. I will actually trim it when I install the base and panels. The Moen valve has the integral stops, so I don't have to get into the ceiling anymore.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Is it a Moentrol???? Code here UPC, says pressure balanced anti scald valve, Moentrol would be the most reliable, least expensive version,t he regular Moen pressure balance valves have a spindle that is horrible, any bit of debris and your screwed. $$ to replace it too, it's like $60.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I use moen when people aren't looking for top of the line. Ithink there good valves and I've never had one we couldn't repair. Also great with there warranty, usually a two,three day turnaround, no questions asked.:thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts