Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· philosopher and statesmen
8,950 Posts
I get people all the time telling me that they have a crawl space full of crap and
they want a free estimate as to what is wrong and how much is it gonna cost...

I ALWAYS pass on these because it is just too demoralizeing to fool with
and I say that I have pulled my back out recently or just pulled a groin muscle
and cannot help them for at least a month out....

Believe it or not I have a had a few morons who did not take the hint and
actually WAITED on me to get well and called back a few weeks later and
asked me if I was well enough to fool around in their crap now... after it has been
pouring down into the crawl space for an extra 3 weeks.....
😆 😆 😠

· Registered
Plumbing
2,433 Posts
I get people all the time telling me that they have a crawl space full of crap and

asked me if I was well enough to fool around in their crap now... after it has been
😆 😆 😠
That’s what you get for telling lies.

8,950 Posts
That’s what you get for telling lies.

Yes, that is my Karma.... the customers don't trust anyone but me to roll around
in their crap...

now aint that touching??

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,266 Posts
“Thank you for considering us for this project however our current work load will not allow us to do this job anytime soon. Please keep us in mind for any future projects that our services may be required”

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,266 Posts

😆 😆 😠
restoration companies will clean that stuff up; then we can make the repair. I tell them straight up we’re not going anywhere near it until it’s not a health hazard anymore. I mean we’re plumbers but we’re not idiots.

8,950 Posts
restoration companies will clean that stuff up; then we can make the repair. I tell them straight up we’re not going anywhere near it until it’s not a health hazard anymore. I mean we’re plumbers but we’re not idiots.
Well normally they want the issue resolved before the restoration people come in
and suck out all the sewage so it is just a no win situation....

once I had a rental property where 5 people have been crapping into the crawl space for about 3 weeks
because the landlord could not find anyone cheap enough to do the job....

I would not come to give them a
estimate for FREE because they already had 5 other plumbers out to bid on the mess
and he whines about my free estimate information on my site.... I tell him I dont go into crap
holes for free.....

then he tries to say we are "distantly related" and he thought that was gonna con me
with some kind of "taking care of a distant blood relative 6 generations removed"
........ 😆 😆 :ROFLMAO: ;);)

· I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
6,266 Posts
Well normally they want the issue resolved before the restoration people come in

once I had a rental property where 5 people have been crapping into the crawl space for about 3 weeks

estimate for FREE because they already had 5 other plumbers out to bid on the mess
and he whines about my free estimate information on my site.... I tell him I dont go into crap
holes for free.....

then he tries to say we are "distantly related" and he thought that was gonna con me
with some kind of "taking care of a distant blood relative 6 generations removed"
Like I told the last one last month, put them in a hotel for a few days until the site is cleaned properly and the repair made. Thats the only way we would do it.

· Registered
3,867 Posts
This means putting a oscillating fan from the dollar store in crawlhole and letting it run 24-7 for couple weeks lolololololo

· Registered
3,867 Posts

holes for free.....

He was the one that ran down his mommas leg lolololololo

8,950 Posts
He was the one that ran down his mommas leg lolololololo

Yea Sparky , I always jump when someone claims to be an
in-bred long distant cousin calling needing a huge favor..for cheap.

if I dont invite you to thanksgiving or x-mas you dont get anything out of me

· Registered
3,867 Posts
Yea Sparky , I always jump when someone claims to be an
in-bred long distant cousin calling needing a huge favor..for cheap.

if I dont invite you to thanksgiving or x-mas you dont get anything out of me
Agreeeeee,even close relatives are not getting nothing outta me,I tell them we to busy unless it’s something I can make good money on

8,950 Posts
Agreeeeee,even close relatives are not getting nothing outta me,I tell them we to busy unless it’s something I can make good money on
I think that we are both a couple of cold hearted S.O.Bs
and that comes from years and years of service work for dead beats.

· Super Moderator
10,047 Posts
“Sorry we don’t do “that” type of work” or “sorry we’re fully booked and not taking on any new clients at this time”
I say that a lot, not the type of work I do.

Many new Canadians don't get it either one guy last week wanted a reno, I told him no but he went on arguing I did plumbing and wanted to explain his complete tear down, I told him no I don't do renos in several different ways at least 6 times. I had enough I cut him off listen stop explaining it'll be the same answer!

Again last week I told a local woman it could be complicated and I didn't want to get involved when she hired a company to swap the water heater and still had hot water issues. Well damnit she left me a bad review! Now you know why in every store, post office, hospital etc. all have large signs they do not tolerate verbal abuse., people are angry.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts