Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Plumbing
1,274 Posts
I save my water heater boxes and cut them into 4 pieces, one from each side of the box and as tall. Each box provides about 20 feet of runway.

Or you can cut each end of the water heater box off then make one cut down the side of the box and you’ll have one very large piece of cardboard you can unfold once you get under the house to lay on to work.

Use these to lay down under the house. The cardboard makes it easy to slide around and is soft. 👍

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,819 Posts
I save my water heater boxes and cut them into 4 pieces, one from each side of the box and as tall. Each box provides about 20 feet of runway.

Or you can cut each end of the water heater box off then make one cut down the side of the box and you’ll have one very large piece of cardboard you can unfold once you get under the house to lay on to work.

Use these to lay down under the house. The cardboard makes it easy to slide around and is soft. 👍
That’s what I used to do, water heater box or I’d grab some boxes from the shop and take them with me.

·
Registered
294 Posts

this or grab the new guy

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Looks like a all glue p-trap with a vent to me looks good?

Its the carpentry that looks a little rough the carpenter could not hit the floor joist to save his life, good thing they also use glue.
Needs 2 pipe lengths between the trap and the santee. If it 2” pipe you need 4 inches, if it’s 1 1/2” you need 3 inches. I found that out the hard way years ago, I got called on it.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
Plumbing
5,819 Posts
Needs 2 pipe lengths between the trap and the santee. If it 2” pipe you need 4 inches, if it’s 1 1/2” you need 3 inches. I found that out the hard way years ago, I got called on it.

I never knew that code. Cant tell you how many washer boxes ive done hub to hub to get the box, trap, and vent inside 1 cell of the wall.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts