Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done with a house that I re piped and installed a whole house filter. The HO called me back (Was not upset) but wanted me to remove the hose bib from the filtered water so when he used the hose it would not run through the filter and clog it up un necisarily. I had never thought of that before. But after I got done and saw that he was right, there is no need to filter the garden hose, so for now on when I install a whole house filter I am going to suggest to the HO to have the hose bib re routed so it dont run through the filter.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
I usually offer it as an option.

Of course, pretty much every house I do has a hot & cold hose bibb in it now so the hot is always filtered.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually offer it as an option.

Of course, pretty much every house I do has a hot & cold hose bibb in it now so the hot is always filtered.
It had never crossed my mind before. I used to just put the filter in and forget it. But then again, some people rarely ever use the hose anyway while some use it all the time.

·
Banned
239 Posts
here we bypass the hose bibs when there is a well......most houses have softeners.....

houses around here with city water i dont bypass the hose bibs....but have been asked to cause they want a softener

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
I just got done with a house that I re piped and installed a whole house filter. The HO called me back (Was not upset) but wanted me to remove the hose bib from the filtered water so when he used the hose it would not run through the filter and clog it up un necisarily. I had never thought of that before. But after I got done and saw that he was right, there is no need to filter the garden hose, so for now on when I install a whole house filter I am going to suggest to the HO to have the hose bib re routed so it dont run through the filter.

I just did an estimate, kinda the same thing. the house had the sprinklers on the filtration system. I gave him the estimate to run it before the filter.

By the way, the grass wasn't any better lloking with the filtered water, still the same green :thumbsup:

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just did an estimate, kinda the same thing. the house had the sprinklers on the filtration system. I gave him the estimate to run it before the filter.

By the way, the grass wasn't any better lloking with the filtered water, still the same green :thumbsup:
Thats right, and to date I have never heard of the lawn complaining because of sand or sediment in the water:laughing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts