Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Hey Guys!

4K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Airgap 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm Paul. I just started an apprentice program and was hoping for some honest advice on things like what to expect as a trainee. normal jobs givin to the trainee etc. etc. and pay in the Washington State area if anyone here is from here and just the basic ins and outs of the trade. I'm 38 and i'm having to start a new career due to a layoff in my prior field. Thank you

#7 ·
WHen I started plumbing...I HATED IT! Digging ditches, fetching tools, working in poop, and the money isn't that great either at the entry level...it was degrading to me. :001_unsure:
But all the knowledge I have learned over the years has been worth more than a college degree, and I now make very good money and I truly enjoy my job.
So I guess what am saying is...it takes time. Be patient if you are going to learn the plumbing trade. Too many guys want to be masters immediately without learning all they need and putting in the hard work and experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.