Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I posted this on Contractor Talk and was told to repost here. I need advice with a claim issue.

I installed an angle stop (according to manufacturer's instructions) that leaked and caused some water damage, roughly $1700.00 worth of damage. After inspecting the angle stop i notice a hairline crack in it. I send it to the manufacturer and they determined it was a faulty angle stop. They offered me $250.00 to settle the claim. Obviously, that price is significantly less that the damage claim. However, the manufacturer refuses to back the product's warranty and pay the total claim.

Should the plumbing supply house back faulty product they sold to me if the manufacturer won't?

What can i legally do?

Thanks.

josh

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Hello. I posted this on Contractor Talk and was told to repost here. I need advice with a claim issue.

I installed an angle stop (according to manufacturer's instructions) that leaked and caused some water damage, roughly $1700.00 worth of damage. After inspecting the angle stop i notice a hairline crack in it. I send it to the manufacturer and they determined it was a faulty angle stop. They offered me $250.00 to settle the claim. Obviously, that price is significantly less that the damage claim. However, the manufacturer refuses to back the product's warranty and pay the total claim.

Should the plumbing supply house back faulty product they sold to me if the manufacturer won't?

What can i legally do?

Thanks.

josh
Turn it over to your lawyer and let him fight it out with the manufacturer.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I agree with killer on this, a lawyer is called for in this situation. Supply house will have no part of the claim, they will only tell you to deal with the manufacturer.

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
Faulty Angle Stop

IF YOU READ THE FINE PRINT ON THE MFG'S WARRANTY IT PROBABLY SAYS ONLY RESPONSIBLE TO PAY THE LOSS OF PRODUCT,
NOT ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT :furious:
TIME TO CALL YOUR ATTORNEY

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
This is something for your liability insurance, mine takes care of all calls and paperwork.
If the MFG is responsible, my co goes after them.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
This is something for your liability insurance, mine takes care of all calls and paperwork.
If the MFG is responsible, my co goes after them.
Thisis EXACTLY what your GLC insurance is for. Take care of the customer you want to keep and they will take care of you. Hope you can get that anglestop back but ,if you can't be sure to keep the paperwork the manufacturer sent you regarding the $250.00 settlement offer. That offer is an admission of responsibility to damages as a result thier faulty product (in my opinion). --GOOD LUCK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts