Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my test scheduled for August I've been plumbing for 11 years but I've never really learned how to draw isometrics I'm able to read them but I have no clue where to start on how to draw them I have the graph paper and the triangle I'm willing to buy a book or a class if it will help I just don't know where to start and I'm starting to get really frustrated if anyone has advice I would really appreciate it thank you in advance

·
Super Moderator
9,237 Posts
You’re going to get better luck if you post a proper intro.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I have my test scheduled for August I've been plumbing for 11 years but I've never really learned how to draw isometrics I'm able to read them but I have no clue where to start on how to draw them I have the graph paper and the triangle I'm willing to buy a book or a class if it will help I just don't know where to start and I'm starting to get really frustrated if anyone has advice I would really appreciate it thank you in advance
If all you are ever gonna be doing is service work then forget about isometrics cause you will not need them nor will you ever use them in service,now if you want to go new Constuction then you need to grasp isometric drawings,we do a lot of service work but we also do residential and commercial new construction and we have to draw our riser diagrams and isometric drawing and send them to the state for approval,I was told a long time ago,If you can’t draw it you sure as hell can’t plumb it or install it, and this is correct

1 - 7 of 7 Posts