Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

In 8 years of doing service I have only ever had 3-5 Mobile Home calls perhaps. Therefore I am not up to speed on what I have here. Anyone know hands down what I am looking at? I pulled the units and the seat is actually like a "post" if you will w/ the washers being recessed into the removeable outers. The cold "seat" is fouled w/ a divit / chip in it. I thought I might file it down then said no, for I would not want to do that in my own unit if it was mine, but maybe that is the repair? Is that "seat", that is like a post ,removeable? Just grab it with channel locks and unscrew it or use a seat extractor, perhaps would you suggest?

__The guy that owns it was in the Navy and I ALWAYS try to jump thru hoops for X Service members. Any help will be appreciated Moocho' Grande'...
___Please click these links below to review___
CLICK HERE PICTURE 1
CLICK HERE PICTURE 2

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Price Pfister

Reactions: Artisan

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Ron and yes, the handles absolutely look like a PP 4" CC but the guts is a whole different animal, still PP you say Ron? If so am I correct in the "seat" removal process?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Sorry had to add the seats are removable

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Thanx Ron and yes, the handles absolutely look like a PP 4" CC but the guts is a whole different animal, still PP you say Ron? If so am I correct in the "seat" removal process?
Yes use the large square head seat wrench.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx Ron...

I "think" I found the parts as well,

Much Appreciate the help! :thumbup:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Price Pfister faucets and valves are very common in my neck of the woods, I can see one a mile away.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I have never seen a cover plate that the one before.

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
Price Pfister's Headquarters/Factory use to be about 15-miles from my shop. At the time the VP of Price Pfister was a client of ours. It made it easy to complain when I had a problem.

Mark

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
__There are LOTS of PP here as well. When I first looked at it I suggested in my own mind a PP due to the handles are exactly like a PP 4" CC, but dismantling brought forth what I found and I have never seen this animal.

__When I first went into service and repair some 8 years ago or so I was on the PDL (still am ) and so many guys were trashing a PP rep, just like so many guys will do whatever they can on this list to trash PEX, (let's leave it alone in this thread) anyways, I always sided w/ PP citing a product that LASTS. Well, the rep that was on the list, when he found out I was switching from Construction to Service, well, he sent me CASES, I mean CASES of misc repair parts for PP.

__Hense I have sold 10's of thou$ands of dollars worth of new PP products and NO FAILURES, NONE! :yes:

·
Registered
843 Posts
Yes, probably PP, although I ran into some a couple of months ago on a Roman tub that didn't look like PP. Same kind of seats, though. I actually made a tool from 3/8" rod to remove them since my regular seat wrenches were too large to fit inside the barrel of the seat. Easy to do on a grinder - bend the rod into an L and grind four tapered sides on the end - make sure it will fit inside the seats. I had a lot of trouble with them before I made the tool. And I've never been able to get the seats from any plumbing wholesaler - had to go to trailer suppliers.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i have had some trouble finding the mobile home price pfister seats around here also and price pfister is everywhere. i also had to make a seat wrench due to the ones you buy being too fat. if i remember right, the seats are quite a bit more expensive than regular PP.

paul

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have had some trouble finding the mobile home price pfister seats around here also and price pfister is everywhere. i also had to make a seat wrench due to the ones you buy being too fat. if i remember right, the seats are quite a bit more expensive than regular PP.

paul

Paul,

My supply house is always spendy, but I get SERVICE and that makes it worth it. I paid 49 bucks plus tax for the 2 seats and stems. If you want some let me know and I will hook ya up...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts