Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im an apprentice wanna be. I took an online plumbing course through ashworth university to get a jump on things. Im a 31 year old army vet and im ready to excell at this trade. I filled out an application and have to test in 2 weeks. I cant wait. Although i must say i didnt know you had to take a test to become an apprentice. :thumbup:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Where are you from?

·
Banned
913 Posts
I've never heard on online apprenticeship for plumbers?

Did you try finding a job with a local plumber to get your training?

Oh, forgot to welcome you. Welcome to the Zone!

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Hellooo!!!!!

I recieved all my training at Lowe's

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
Lowes? Requirements?:

Position Description :
Responsible for upholding the knowledge of a plumbing professional. Responsible for providing superior customer service, achieving sales budgets in assigned area and merchandise maintenance. Has in-depth knowledge of products and related accessories specific to their plumbing trade and will provide customers with this knowledge. Greet and acknowledge all customers in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive customer service. Must demonstrate record of follow-up and attention to detail with their plumbing sales/work. Maximizes departmental sales by encouraging sales of related items and add-on sales as applicable to customer needs. Responsible for all other duties as assigned.

• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
  • Fixed schedule, determined by store management based on the needs of the store.
  • Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advanced notification and approval by supervisor.
  • Hourly Full-Time, Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours per week; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.

Position Requirements :

• Candidate must be familiar with local codes and regulations.
  • Has experience and knowledge in plumbing work. If not licensed or certified, applicant must have a minimum of 2 years experience at a wholesale or retail company specific to their trade.
  • Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measures.
  • Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries.
  • Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills when there is a business need).
  • Knowledge of company's mission, purpose, goals and the role of every employee in achieving each of them.
  • Ability to operate store equipment in assigned area (including but not limited to LRT, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutting, panel saw, paint mixing computer, blind cutting, fork lifts, pallet jacks, electric lifts, etc).
  • Satisfactorily complete all Lowe’s training requirements (including annual Hazardous Material, Forklift Certification, departmental training, etc).
  • Ability to interpret price tag and UPC information.
  • Ability to move throughout all areas of the store; sales floor, receiving, register areas, lawn and garden , including the outside perimeter of the store.
  • Move objects up to and exceeding 200 pounds with reasonable accommodations.
  • Able to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions
  • Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break
  • Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle and move items weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance
  • Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions. Ability to distinguish color to perform job functions

Preferred Qualifications :

• Applicants may be rejected if an interview or background check reveals that the applicant has been convicted of a felony or offense against property such as receipt of stolen property, larceny, embezzlement, burglary or similar convictions.
  • Must pass a pre-employment drug test.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts