Banned
8,808 Posts
Welcome Helgore to PZ

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ron,

I have a quick question for you about Oregon and California plumbing codes.

We had a fellow working in our shop here in North Dakota. He was from California.

He had told us those two states did not require an apprenticeship in order to get a journeyman’s license?

This is false of course, right?

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I lived in Medford Oregon for a bit and in the papers I only was able to find jobs for journeyman plumbers. This is the only reason I ask.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Ron,

We had a fellow working in our shop here in North Dakota. He was from California.

He had told us those two states did not require an apprenticeship in order to get a journeyman’s license?

That is only a case in Ca, not a Oregon Law.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can not take a CA license and reciprocate it to Oregon or any other boarder state can you?

I think that would be very wrong if that was able to be done.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
No, you can take an Oregon license to convert it into a Wa, or Id, license, a licensed plumber out of CA can being licensed use his license to submit to the Building Codes Division to request a testing date, or if someone can prove from a former boss in Ca you have all the required hours in order the take the test.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I met a crane op 30 yrs ago while working at Antelelope Station at Beulah.
He me told 2 things about N.D.
1) There's a pretty girl behind every tree.:laughing:
2) To get a one armed NoDak out of a tree, wave at him.:laughing::laughing:

Welcome to the zone!!

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
Ron,

California does not license Journeymen or Apprentices, they license Contractors. In order to apply for a Contractor's license you must prove 4-years as a Journeyman. In some cases that would be a Journeyman's card from the city in others you would have to prove 4-years as a working Journeyman. If you go on the State web site it will explain what is required.

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts