Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone asked me for an introduction. My name is Mike, I live in Georgia. I'm a Master Plumber and also have an engineering degree. I was on my way to getting a PE but gave up when I heard plumbers are rich and engineers just make good money. So I started a plumbing business with the help of a retiring plumber. We went from 5 or 10 calls a week 6 years ago with just me, to today with 12 plumbers with my max last month of 14. I have some key people who always want to work, and a few older plumbers who like working but don't mind a few slow days. I work almost all the time, except on Saturday night I go to the strip club by myself or with some other plumbers, and party like a rock star. I've been on a 1 year long bachleor party before my marriage deadline (or she leave me after 8yrs) to my fiance on Dec 31.So the routine has been 3-5 day vacation at least once a month and recently every other weekend. I went to Costa Rica 7 weeks ago, Spain 5 weeks ago, LA 3 weeks ago and going to to Panama Canal to party tomorrow. And not everything goes to hell because I have a service manager/ plumber to handle the calls and issues while I'm out of town. If I missed anything, let me know.
Mike

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the intro, welcome aboard, this site is unique as you might already know, hope you enjoy this site. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Welcome, it will be nice to hear the input from an engineer from time to time

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Mike and Crew,

Guess I should intro as well as I plan on wet tapping ur brains everytime I screw up. My name is Ed, live in Fl. I am VP of operations for a conservation energy company(water division) I hold these plumber licenses currently; Fl, GA, NC, SC, AL, TN, W. VA, VA, CO, TX, NYC and working on a few others. Been spinning wrenches with Pop since 11. now 39. We always hire local valid journeyman for basicaly swapping out high flow for low flow etc. tap wells etc

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Welcome aboard the PZ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts