Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
i am 28 years old. i have been in the plumbing industry for about 7 years or so. i started off as a helper and have worked my way up the latter. First in Alabama where the plumbing codes were minimal and then in massachusetts where i got most of my experience with boillers and radiant heat as well as rough in installation for custom homes. Now i am a plumber for mostly residential service here in southern california. I enjoy my work as a plumber and the plus about residential service is all the different jobs i get to do. no two days are ever the same.

now that i have introduced myself can anyone help me with the humming water line problem one of my customers have?

thank you

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Thank you for the intro. I made the correction to your age for you. I can not help with that problem, but there are some who may. Give them a bit to respond as this is the weekend, most of us like to kick back and have a beer or three, or was that 6? No, sorry, 8. I think. 9? Anyone?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Welcome to PZ

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
My sons story book uses the word "tromp" that's kinda interesting

"dinosaur O dinosaur stop tromping all around, The silver moon is shining, its time to settle down"

Anyhow, Welcome again!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Welcome .

Couple things come to mind ,,,

-bad PRV valve .

- Pressure to high

- MAYBE ,,, bad flapper in W.C going un noticed ,, ballcock it just barely kicking on allowing humming . Have seen this a few times and it drives ya nuts till it is finally diagnosed .

Let us know !

Cal

·
WILLPLUMB4$
584 Posts
Could be a bad fixture stop, or dropped a gate, I'ld start where Cal recomended. Could also be a vacum breaker if they leave a garden hose on the spicket, with a vacum breaker.

·
WILLPLUMB4$
584 Posts
Welcome by the way. Hope all was helpful, and don't forget to let us now what the final remedy ends up to be...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts