Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone.
I thought I would introduce myself before you folks jump my case. Lol.
I am a plumbing contractor from Florida. I have been in plumbing since I was in high school which was a long time ago.” Sigh”. One of my ex bosses nicknamed me Plasticman cause I was so fast at running dwv. I no longer live up to that name because age and a bad back have slowed me down.
I do only residential work including remodels. No service work. Currently, due to the economy, I am barely scraping by from sales of scrap copper and aluminum that I have saved for quite a while and what is left of my business account. Things are very slow here.
Was even thinking about going to Texas to look for work due to the hurricane but have not gotten quite that desperate yet. Oh well. Guess we will have to wait and see if our new President does anything to help. At least gas prices are falling but I won’t hold my breath. See yall in the forum.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Welcome to the Zone Plasticman, glad you joined.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Welcome to forum, good to have a fellow hungry Floridian with us.

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Hey Plasticman,

My name is Joe and I am new to this forum BUT not the plumbing world,

I have been plumbing since I dropped out of high school when I was 16 and I am now 35, I am also struggling as well here in upstate NY.

They used to call me "the animal" because I was so fast at baseboard heat , but those days are over for me as well.

I hope America gets better as it used to be as well.

I am glad you joined and look forward to our conversations!

Hang in there man! We will all be ok !
Plumbing is the health of the nation after all!

·
Banned
913 Posts
Welcome PlasticMan! Try not to get discouraged, the tide will change.

At least that is what I keep telling myself. :yes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts