Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would pop in and introduce myself.

20 years, 18 licensed in 3 different states, had to re-start my business as the guy I was working for has no business sense at all and the current economy will not suffer fools.

By the way I have plumbed for my entire adult life, in 3 different states, California 2 years, Wisconsin 2 years, Oregon 16 years.

I have seen alot of different plumbing and took away what worked best for me.

www.UandIPlumbing.com

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Welcome, about time we had another Oregon Plumber join us, this is great, hope to see you in here often.

As you can see where I'm from, do west of you.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Na, he lives in a colder region then me, I bet he uses pex.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hehe, thanks for the warm welcome.

As far as pex vrs copper, ummm...

When pex first hit the market here in Central Oregon there was no way on this Earth that I was gonna put that garbage in, may as well be a residential electrician. I plumbed my house in '96 and ran copper, today common sense and wisdom have taken their toll on my arrogance and I feel that they both have a place in the market. I do feel bad for the guys just coming into the trade that do their whole apprenticeship in a residential shop, they have no real clue.

Be warned though I am extreamly opinionated on many a subject dealing with my trade and those that work in it. I have thick skin and am not afraid of controversy, by the way Ron howz the biz in the Eugene area ?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
by the way Ron howz the biz?
Well ever since Obama took office, it went from busy to slow, slow, slow, just the last three days seems to be busy thou, might be cause of tax returns coming back, who knows.

Do you fish on the high mountain lakes? Those are some nice lakes up there, Crescant, La Pine areas?,

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've done some fishing on the Deschutes, until I snagged a cinder block and lost a hand made rod that is, mainly just fish the Prineville Res. as it is CLEAN water, no cattle up stream:eek:.

New construction died over on this side and the service market is slammed with every bonehead that thinks service and repair means changing out faucets, not to mention the handy men that got their feet in cause all the guys turning out went to new and there wern't any to replace the service guys retireing. It's a mess, but I like it.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Yea and how does the craigs list look in your area, plenty of handymen advertising to do plumbing there, here they have laid of a few inspectors cause of the slow down, how are your inspectors there? They get nit picky like they do here? Are you into the minor labels for WH installs or do you draw a permit for each WH you do? It's cool to have another plumber on here from this area.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Welcome. I'm glad your opinionated and thick skinned. You will fit right in:thumbsup:

·
Registered
567 Posts
U&I, welcome to the zone...Lots of great stuff here to pick up or throw down, glad to have another PNW Plumber.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Yeah, its ripe. We need another Gov. like was here in the '80's, "Welcome to Oregon, don't forget to go home" :yes:

The one inspector around these parts thats any good came from Plumbing so it's all good, whenever there is a structrual condition I have him do a drive-by and we iron it out, as far as the minor labels go:no:, when they eliminate the limited license and the like for like rule I will be more excited about complying.

How are some of the larger shops doing over there, the Brotherhood all but pulled out over here 'cept for one new shop. The rest reverted back to family sized shops and are tightning things up something fierce. It'll get dicey before it loosens up, and it's gonna be awhile before it gets back to business as usual.
The true Service Plumber will survive this and the rest will move on.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts