Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been a plumber for 10 years, I work mainly in Albuquerque and Rio Rancho. I do mainly residential service and repair type work. I prefer this to new construction which I did for 4 years while I did my apprenticeship. I am from Australia originally, have been here in the states for 7 years now. I did my apprenticeship there and moved over here shortly after that to get married. I have had an itch to start my own business for a while now but certain things out of my control has stalled the process. It looks like it may happen in the next year or so, so expect a lot of startup questions from me.:rolleyes: This forum looks like a great place, I instantly felt at home here. Looking forward to talking with all of you.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Hi CentralPlumbing, were glad you joined up on here and welcome aboard.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
My dad owns a plumbing business in Belen. Most of his work is in the Belen & Los Lunas areas. But he gets a call in Alb. and Rio Rancho now and then. I left home in 1991 and moved to Fasrmington area. Then my parents moved to Belen in 1993.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Hello,

I have been a plumber for 10 years, I work mainly in Albuquerque and Rio Rancho. I do mainly residential service and repair type work. I prefer this to new construction which I did for 4 years while I did my apprenticeship. I am from Australia originally, have been here in the states for 7 years now. I did my apprenticeship there and moved over here shortly after that to get married. I have had an itch to start my own business for a while now but certain things out of my control has stalled the process. It looks like it may happen in the next year or so, so expect a lot of startup questions from me.:rolleyes: This forum looks like a great place, I instantly felt at home here. Looking forward to talking with all of you.

Welcome, I used to Plumb in New mexico, Albuquerque and Santa Fe, I worked for Total service co, new construction in Alb, my buddy works in new mexico still.

Cold !!! I had to move back to los angeles because I hated wroking in the cold. I lived there for 6-7 years. Love Santa Fe, gonna buy a house there some day.

Welcome to the Zone, you will like it. You are UPC like me, but with a frost level :eek:

enjoy!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey if you have a strong Austrailian accent,

Do a commercial with a voiceover.

People love anything with a foreign accent and being an aussie will be a good thing.
Hey, i know it! The accent helps me out every day. Breaks the ice in seconds and people light up. I get tired of explaining why i came here, etc... but its worth it when i get paid. I guess you use what you have.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
I've got a .wav file that won't upload here, but it kinda goes like this,

"Awe Crikey Mate! I think I just **** a bloomin' onion~!

I used to work around an aussie here in the states, they own Mini-Mix both here and austrailia.

Over @ MasterPlumbers.com I'm a moderator over there...doesn't get any traffic but that site originates from Sydney Austrailia.

Great folks.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Welcome !!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts