Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Ken, I live in Melbourne, Australia. I am 59, going on 30 (I wish) I started my apprenticeship when I was 16, that seems so many moons ago now. My now wife (Faye) and I married in 1972, and are still on our honeymoon 47 years later, we have 5 children and 5 grandchildren. My apprenticeship was with a Sanitary and General Contractor, when they closed down, I worked for a Mechanical Services Contractor for 12 years, then we decided to go for it and start our own business. We specialized in Mechanical Services, until a fateful day on July 12th 1996, when I fell down a staircase on a building site and broke my back, and have been in a wheelchair since. We continued with our Company, and with the help of very dedicated employees carried on. Now I just sit back, quote work, write cheques, and pay bills. Hoping to retire soon, when I have barrow loads of $$$$. I just want to share my knowledge with the world now.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Welcome Ken to The PZ

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
My name is Ken, I live in Melbourne, Australia. I am 59, going on 30 (I wish) I started my apprenticeship when I was 16, that seems so many moons ago now. My now wife (Faye) and I married in 1972, and are still on our honeymoon 47 years later, we have 5 children and 5 grandchildren. My apprenticeship was with a Sanitary and General Contractor, when they closed down, I worked for a Mechanical Services Contractor for 12 years, then we decided to go for it and start our own business. We specialized in Mechanical Services, until a fateful day on July 12th 1996, when I fell down a staircase on a building site and broke my back, and have been in a wheelchair since. We continued with our Company, and with the help of very dedicated employees carried on. Now I just sit back, quote work, write cheques, and pay bills. Hoping to retire soon, when I have barrow loads of $$$$. I just want to share my knowledge with the world now.

Welcome

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi ken,Just joined a couple of days ago and seems like a great place to be,would really like to see some pictures or info on how stuff is done "down under" if you have any to share Jim

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hi Ken, I never had the opportunity to see Melbourne but had the greatest time to visit Sidney, Woolongong, Perth, Darwin and Hobart Tasmania. Beautiful country there for sure!!! Welcome the the PZ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts