Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope everyone is having a better night than me. Wanted to get a jump start before it starts to get cold her in NJ and went to turn the heat on in my home of 2 months now. Only 1 bedroom on the main floor gets heat.

Main Level has 1 bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, living room, and dining room. There are baseboards in the living room, dining room, and 1 bedroom its a open floor plan. Upstairs has 2 bedrooms and bathroom with baseboards also. No heat in the basement.

I have a Oil Burning Boiler and a Hot Water Heater separate unit.

My oil company (Petro) came out today and sent out the service tech who was here for 4 hours. Very nice guy tried multiple things including putting on a new Aquastat and Circulator Pump but still no luck. All of the pipes get hot across the basement but not flowing up to the rest of the rooms it seems.

He also tried to see if there was an air pocket and that didn't work either.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
You don’t sound like a DIY guy so you should try another company who specializes in boiler heating. I’m in California so I have no idea about any of this. Usually I’ll tell people if I can’t figure it out I won’t charge you but I’ll give it a shot.

Sometimes parts need to be replaced to further diagnose the system though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts