1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Texas turd-herder
2,563 Posts
Not bad on the creativity scale.

Not so good for the code.

Is this a personal invention you'll be marketing soon? :laughing:
Looks good for code to me...note the large airgap on top :thumbup:

I suppose an inspector might want a 14" riser clamp and anchored to the rafters, but hey!...*shrugs*...it's residential.

Reactions: DUNBAR PLUMBING

·
Registered
542 Posts
So this situation was caused by one of two things.

1- the contractor did not pay the plumber to finish. or....

2- the homeowners shower arm broke and he can no longer afford a plumber to fix it right or pay to have the tile broken or drywall cut to fix it.

either way it has to do with $$$

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
how do you solder those fip with out burning the teflone or pipe dope

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how do you solder those fip with out burning the teflone or pipe dope

I don't. I solder those FIP's right to the valve. Absolutely no reason to tape/dope because heat sink will wipe out that connection instantly.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another reason why I hate Delta crap faucet, those pencil sized soft tubings soldered between bodies. I always replaced them with Moentrol.

The R10000 valve body solved that problem.

If anyone is to blame, it's the new construction plumber who didn't put grease on the bonnet nut so the unsuspecting next person with their hands on the valve doesn't destroy it.

Those valves with the 3 copper tubes can last upwards of 50+ years if the bonnet nuts are greased. There's not a Delta faucet installed with my name attached to it that doesn't have grease on the bonnet nut.

WHY?

Because I care.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Another reason why I hate Delta crap faucet, those pencil sized soft tubings soldered between bodies. I always replaced them with Moentrol.
That's what the homeowner gets for trying to fix it themselves. You can only put so much torque on that bonnet. I've Dremeled tons of those nuts off.

I don't. I solder those FIP's right to the valve. Absolutely no reason to tape/dope because heat sink will wipe out that connection instantly.
Why would you even use female adapters? I solder all 4 connections direct.

If anyone is to blame, it's the new construction plumber who didn't put grease on the bonnet nut so the unsuspecting next person with their hands on the valve doesn't destroy it.

Those valves with the 3 copper tubes can last upwards of 50+ years if the bonnet nuts are greased. There's not a Delta faucet installed with my name attached to it that doesn't have grease on the bonnet nut.

WHY?

Because I care.
Do you honestly think the new con. plumber is gonna grease a bonnet nut on a new faucet from the factory? Besides, that design frustrated alot of homeowners and hopefully they learned their lesson.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
DUNBAR PLUMBING said:

WHY?

Because I care.

U have a point there, but why BLAME the new construction plumbers where the blame goes to the Manufactor(sp).. they are the one putting the faucet together and SHOULD be the one putting the grease on the thread.

Same old, same old.. growing up in plumbing shop, seen those WB boiler d
I'm also another plumber that grease all bonnet nuts ( Sexauer can) and lube every supply shut offs with silicone grease..

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
rjbphd said:
U have a point there, but why BLAME the new construction plumbers where the blame goes to the Manufactor(sp).. they are the one putting the faucet together and SHOULD be the one putting the grease on the thread.

Same old, same old.. growing up in plumbing shop, seen those WB boiler d
I'm also another plumber that grease all bonnet nuts ( Sexauer can) and lube every supply shut offs with silicone grease..
Sorry, my thumb got ahead of me..
Those WB boiler drain as well other bonnet nut type valves would have grease on the faucet washer, not the stem... who's to blame here???

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Titletownplumbr said:
That's what the homeowner gets for trying to fix it themselves. You can only put so much torque on that bonnet. I've Dremeled tons of those nuts off.

Why would you even use female adapters? I solder all 4 connections direct.

Do you honestly think the new con. plumber is gonna grease a bonnet nut on a new faucet from the factory? Besides, that design frustrated alot of homeowners and hopefully they learned their lesson.
He used those female adt as a pipie extender... otherwise the the supply would be too short and faucet would be out of whack and stressed..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts