Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Where do you get them at??what size line was you repairing??what was total bill after backfillingand all was completed???
Ferguson Waterworks. 2" pipe. $3500 invoice and they backfilled...... this is the second repair for this company this spring, they do really big generator installs and apparently need us regularly. They called me at 730 pm and water was on by 230 am. Even the grocery store sent a thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Where do you get them at??what size line was you repairing??what was total bill after backfillingand all was completed???
I can’t speak on the price but we get himax couplings from a company called National Road Supply. I’ve never seen them in 2” we are usually using them on 4” and 6” ductile for fire line repairs or commercial service line repairs. Saves a ton of time compared to ductile coupling and mjs for us. A lot of the municipalities outside the city won’t accept them for doing routine work, but have no issues with them as emergency repairs for some reason.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Nice job turning into much bigger. Preliminary exploration is finding seriously decayed cast iron. This car dealership building is huge, it's been added onto numerous times, probably a 1/4 mile long building. Anyway lead joint old cast iron here in the original building requires regular jetting but can't open it this time. Crew onsite throughout the week and into next week, I'll post photos as the send them.

Wood Automotive tire Font Road surface Soil

Shoe Tripod Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
How about Lining or Pipe Bursting

Correct, but not this convoluted area. There's 2 -1/8 bends in that photo. Out it comes and will be reconfigured with eliminating the double combo. We jetted, drain machined and cameraed straight through the fitting. Hate double combos.

Adding a 2 way clean out in the parking lot for upstream jetting, then we look at relining. Already at $30k including concrete and asphalt pour back.

Wood Artifact Trunk Font Plant

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dhal22, is there already or do you have to add any type of oil interceptor (assuming there are floor drains connected) since you’re updating the plumbing, or is this just to be considered spot repair work since I’m guessing it sounds like you’re not changing any fixtures?

·
Super Moderator
11,270 Posts
Nice job turning into much bigger. Preliminary exploration is finding seriously decayed cast iron. This car dealership building is huge, it's been added onto numerous times, probably a 1/4 mile long building. Anyway lead joint old cast iron here in the original building requires regular jetting but can't open it this time. Crew onsite throughout the week and into next week, I'll post photos as the send them.

View attachment 132989

View attachment 132990
I so don’t miss that!

61 - 79 of 79 Posts