Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
Lift Station Whisperer
426 Posts
Hate to be blunt but :
No shoring? That's asking for a death wish.
I would tend to agree with you in most cases. We evaluate each excavation as we go, and shore as needed. In this instance, the clay got harder the deeper we dug, and our master deemed it ok for the depth we got to. That pic was as deep as we went. We had shoring materials on site in case we needed them.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I would tend to agree with you in most cases. We evaluate each excavation as we go, and shore as needed. In this instance, the clay got harder the deeper we dug, and our master deemed it ok for the depth we got to. That pic was as deep as we went. We had shoring materials on site in case we needed them.

I saw the rock hard red clay in the photo and agree with you. Really a trench shoring situation but that clay is highly unlikely to shift.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Just showing a little work. Been good project so far. Minimal interference with sparkies and other trades. View attachment 131939
View attachment 131937
I don’t see any holes dug, you can post your work here

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I don’t see any holes dug, you can post your work here

Thank you. This was an idea for just holes, in honor of the very clever screen name of 'hewhodigsholes'.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Plant Vehicle Wood Sky Tree

The fiancé ran the excavator on the septic repair at her grandmothers.

secondary sewer tie in for addition
Final grade on a sewer lateral replacement
Latest slab leak, still have to bore in a new service.

last septic we did in January, with 10” frost
Plant Asphalt Sky Rectangle Tree

filter bed septic we dug and graded sand to.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
More holes for we who dig holes. Guys are coming through the apartments, very difficult working in 2 directions so as not to get caught trapped by ditch. That and dirt management.

Ditch is crooked but pipe is straight. Bedded in and rock solid, inspector should be happy.

View attachment 131943
I would have run sch 40 bell end pipe for that,35 eggs If much soil on it at all

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
View attachment 131945
The fiancé ran the excavator on the septic repair at her grandmothers.

secondary sewer tie in for addition
Final grade on a sewer lateral replacement
Latest slab leak, still have to bore in a new service.

last septic we did in January, with 10” frost
View attachment 131944
filter bed septic we dug and graded sand to.
I see hydraulic cement in one of these pics,very good

·
Super Moderator
12,550 Posts
Another hole photo. Down the hill the guys go. Inspector (engineering firm working for city) insisted in his heavy Russian accent on a 10' head. I happened to stop in while the inspector was there and I asked him for advice on how to get that 10' head he was looking for. We were full up to cleanout at the top of the hill.

View attachment 131785

That is a lot of steps in that run. I am guessing that the contour of the landscape made that necessary.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts