Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
home depot is twice the price on copper than my local supply house and about 15% more on pvc pipe..

·
Mark
1,399 Posts
Dude on the cover had 35
Sticks of plastic and a handsaw-I don't buy it.
I hate hand model magazine wanna be fake a$$ display **** sapiens

·
Registered
312 Posts
Price of pex fittings and crimp rings.... Hell even a 3/4 pex talon per piece are insane.

However, here in my area pvc is about the same as the distributors and even cheaper than APR.

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,670 Posts
Who buys plumbing products from HD? Only when I'm in a bind and I need a coupling or a cap or something.
They got good deals on tools on occasion,,,, I go there and get some dirt cheap large battery type flashlights for 475 each all the time...they work great and the battery alone cost 5 bucks anyway so I got probably 6-9 of them in the back of the truck

Heater Flex connectors back in the water heater department are not too bad either,....I keep a ton of the orange HD buckets in the truck , they make very, very good warning cones

It just depends on the time of day and the need and desire to get the job done.....
some day you will probably swallow your pride and go in there with your tail between your legs to get the 3 fittings you need to finish a close by job, and you will probably walk out with a whole shopping cart full of goodies:laughing::yes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im in Louisiana and there is a supply house in Baton Rouge that Home Depot bought out and also just found out Home Depot bought out Barnett so slowly but surely Home Depot is trying to control everything.

·
Lego Expert
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Little guys got beat along time ago, our local hardware store went out in 2002

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
While I don't agree with their promoting of DIY attitude, they do have the necessities needed. Buying parts from them is no different than buying from a supply house other than personal taste. However, their pex fittings and some copper fittings are insanely priced.

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,670 Posts
Didn't your dad ever teach you how to soldier?

I can solder with my eyes closed... started soldering back on a work bench making wing ell risers back in 1962.. its no big deal but I prefer not to waste the time if I dont have to.....

Its more a matter of your labor time and materials spent... and with less fittings you have a less a chance of leaks on the joints.... and they can really speed up a job... and they eliminate the need for Dialectric Unions too......

We have been using the Stainless Steel ones exclusively since about 2012 with no ill affects yet. Used the brass craft black ones before that and had some small issues with them

flex connectors also keep stress off the pipes on both the water lines and on the gas connectors...they are mandatory in some parts of the usa where foundations can rise or fall .....

the flex connectors from hd are pretty good for 10 bucks each and the brass craft SS ones are real good too...

You should really try the 24 inch SS brass craft ones.. or the 18 inch ones..

All you got to do is solder on a 3/4 male adaptor above the heater somewhere and bend the SS flex into shape and they look pretty good..

I think you will find them to your likeing KC......:yes::yes:..

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
master mark said:
i can solder with my eyes closed... Started soldering back on a work bench making wing ell risers back in 1962.. Its no big deal but i prefer not to waste the time if i dont have to..... Its more a matter of your labor time and materials spent... And with less fittings you have a less a chance of leaks on the joints.... And they can really speed up a job... And they eliminate the need for dialectric unions too...... We have been using the stainless steel ones exclusively since about 2012 with no ill affects yet. Used the brass craft black ones before that and had some small issues with them flex connectors also keep stress off the pipes on both the water lines and on the gas connectors...they are mandatory in some parts of the usa where foundations can rise or fall ..... . The flex connectors from hd are pretty good for 10 bucks each and the brass craft ss ones are real good too... You should really try the 24 inch ss brass craft ones.. Or the 18 inch ones.. All you got to do is solder on a 3/4 male adaptor above the heater somewhere and bend the ss flex into shape and they look pretty good.. I think you will find them to your likeing kc......:yes::yes:..
image-493828717.jpg

1 - 20 of 53 Posts