Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This only happened to me once so far in my career and it was probably because I was working for a commercial shop but anyhow.

One time our boss hired this guy and all he kept talking about was union books, then he started trying to convince us all to sign a petition to become union, at this point most of us told or boss, and the dud got fired,.

The next day when we pulled up to the job site and the union was picketing and guess who was on the line....yes, the same dude.

This is what the union calls a "seed" in my area.

You guys ever deal with such a thing?

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That happened once to a shop I worked at years ago, the guy called himself a 'mole' and he was a real scumbag. Really lazy, and really good at lying. Gave me a bad impression of union workers. I wish he had been a cool guy, or at least a good plumber. He was neither.
Yea, see our guy Jerry was cool as hell, I remember I was on this huge sports complex doing all the underground as a jr mechanic and we had to do some lead joints and he was showing me some old school tricks like how to make a "service weight" hammer.

Service Hammer

Heat some lead into smelt pot , then take a piece of 1" black pipe around 48" long and stick it into a coffee can and then poor the lead in, when it cools you have a nice hammer to swing for popping in joints in really sandy areas, that was our problem anyhow, the bar kept frikin slipping so that was one cool trick he showed us

But yea, cool guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts