Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 554 Posts

·
Building codes guy
40 Posts
Certainly not the worst I've seen, but it gets an F for workmanship.

The picture is bad quality black and white, but the 6" heat run was smashed in half by the plumber to facilitate installation of the union and the valve.

I turned it down based on workmanship. Sad thing is that the builder had the HVAC guy move his duct.

Attachments

·
Building codes guy
40 Posts
Here's a dandy example of what not to do with CSST gasline in a kitchen. This was a final inspection on a full kitchen in a basement, and they had no intent of furring around the line.

Also note the electrical receptacle right above the gas stove burner.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
This was a Jacuzzi drain, done by a "flipper" who had no clue what he'd gotten himself into.
The house was condemned and I did the job for the bank that owned it.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Same job, a lav was connected to the drum trap set on it's side.
The top right portion of the double san tee is the Jacuzzi drain.

Attachments

Reactions: chonkie

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
I have one... A trenchless job I went to, 3 months old, first, the video of the crimp on the inside, then the pictures of it after I dug it out, 2 main creases, funny thing, if they dug 4 more feet, they would have had a straight pull.

http://www.revver.com/video/927112/sewer-line-inspection/

these are the pictures:

Attachments

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
I have one... A trenchless job I went to, 3 months old, first, the video of the crimp on the inside, then the pictures of it after I dug it out, 2 main creases, funny thing, if they dug 4 more feet, they would have had a straight pull.

http://www.revver.com/video/927112/sewer-line-inspection/

these are the pictures:
Very interesting! I became quite enamored of trenchless technology a while back. The more I thought about it the more scenarios I came up with in which it might not work so well. I'll add offsets to the list!

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Very interesting! I became quite enamored of trenchless technology a while back. The more I thought about it the more scenarios I came up with in which it might not work so well. I'll add offsets to the list!

yeah, it didn't make the 1/4 bend to well :thumbsup: offsets in the pipe are ok, it won't re-grade the pipe though, so if you have bellys and 1/4 bends, dig it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I just had Western States Underground Technologies out to the office for a demo last week.They showed me the power mole and their pipe-bursting equipment.I had to break away before we got to pricing but it looks like quality equipment.Is that the equipment you have used?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Wow, that's a classic.

1 - 20 of 554 Posts