every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some pics of a house I did for Habitat

Attachments

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
If we installed a laundry trap that close to the floor we would fail an inspection. Looks good.

Attachments

Reactions: WestCoastPlumber

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Great pix. I noticed the wetwall. When I frame a house I always try to include a wetwall. (2x6 framing) Its so much easier to get the plumbing in it.

Noticed you double 45'd out from the bottom plate. (pix 3) Did the foundation get in the way??

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Looking good man. Someone has some pride in their work. I also notice you "think" like I do with how you run your pipes, etc. Got some questions.

1. Why the size increase on the vent? That cold where you are? (I know the UPC at least has requirements for it in certain areas.)

2. Why a 2" outlet on the KS?

3. What kind of glue and primer?

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Illinois code doesn't make you increase anymore. It used to, and some inspectors still make you do it, even if it isn't needed. I used regular purple primer and cold weather glue. You are right, I used the 45's because of the footing.
Far as I know, you still have to run 3" out the roof here in IL. Transition made by a smooth increaser 12" or more below the roof.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Minimum roof penetration is 3". A 3" stack doesn't need to be increased.

Forgot about the increased stack in the photo. I had 2" on the brain when I typed that.:whistling2:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
It's also a crown vent. Not allowed in IPC.
Only thing wrong I see under UPC Code is trap from floor to low and stand pipe to long and no clean out, that's it, it is not a s-trap.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts