Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 531 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range yesterday, coworker got a new s&w 9mm, nice gun to shoot after the first clip getting familiar with it. Center target of first pic was the first go for me, and i hadn't shot in years. Settled down after that.

The 2nd and 3rd pics are targets with a rented Ruger .357mag. Didn't look too pretty, but felt great and shot real nice. Did some DA shots at first, had a few strays, then just shot SA the rest of the time.

This one guy was shooting some rifles that were making a lot of good noise, so I went over to chat. I didn't even think of asking to, but the guy just offers to let me shoot them. Ok, well you don't have to ask me twice. I was only going to shoot a couple rounds of each, but he told me to go through the clips on each. Ok, I will certainly do so without complaints. All I can say is they were pretty sweet to shoot.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,475 Posts
Not until Jan 1, 2016.

Here in FL open-carry is illegal. I am thinking of getting my CCW permit. Basically that is a 2-hr course for $65. Than I think another $150 or so to get the CCW permit.

I have my eye on a Mossberg 930 12-gauge. It holds {9} in the tube and {1} chambered for ten shots. It is a semi-auto.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here in FL open-carry is illegal. I am thinking of getting my CCW permit. Basically that is a 2-hr course for $65. Than I think another $150 or so to get the CCW permit.

I have my eye on a Mossberg 930 12-gauge. It holds {9} in the tube and {1} chambered for ten shots. It is a semi-auto.
I'm glad Texas is a gun loving state. So Fl it is illegal to open carry long arms? Here we can open carry long arms, but I don't think that Mossberg 930 would count. I miss seeing gun racks with guns in them in the back windows of trucks. Does FL accept a CHL from another state as a license to carry in FL?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the car people, this was also at the range. It's too bad this guy wasn't as open for strangers to test out his car like the gun guy was with his rifles ... it just sank in that I had an absolutely amazing day at the range.

For those that don't know what car this is. It's a late 90's Nissan Skyline GTR imported from overseas before you could buy them here. Right hand drive, 4wd, 4 wheel steering, amazing turbo'd inline 6. This one looks tame, but they are beasts.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

What do you plan on shooting?

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Here is a reciprocity map

That's okay...
Most of us "Red States" on that map know the Red States on the map below are a bit crazy with guns...

We'd prefer to check you out a bit first before we let you carry an AK-47 and 20 clips into church on Sunday...:blink:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I have my Illinois permit. Never really use unless taking my son out to a movie or something similar. I don't carry while working but I do keep my 1911 in the glove box of my truck.

My true joy of shooting comes from hitting steel 700+ yards away with my AR down at dads place.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I called for my ccw appointment last week to the local sheriff office....I have an initial interview scheduled for March of 2016:cry: then after that and with my review of my "good cause" statement (self defense by itself is not an accepted good cause) and all subsequent qualifications/training and interviews....I may have my ccw by May or June of 2016....gotta love Commiefornia

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I called for my ccw appointment last week to the local sheriff office....I have an initial interview scheduled for March of 2016:cry: then after that and with my review of my "good cause" statement (self defense by itself is not an accepted good cause) and all subsequent qualifications/training and interviews....I may have my ccw by May or June of 2016....gotta love Commiefornia
Surely there are ways to find 'good cause' statements that fit the requirements.

·
Super Moderator
12,475 Posts

Good luck with that left-leaning, tree-hugging liberal state of California.

1 - 20 of 531 Posts